Vector Libary Insertion Point

Hello!  Have you tried to physically move those Vector entries in your scenery.cfg, instead of trying to use FTX Central?  The insertion tool and FTX Central only affects the relative placement of FTX entries and LC entries with the rest of your add on sceneries.

Hello,

FTX Central places the Vector entries below Africa.

This should put them just above the default scenery entries.

Please check where Africa is in your scenery library.

The insertion tool should look like this, subject to the note I have added in yellow.

Untitled.jpg

Looking at this, I suspect that you have created your own version of the scenery library with your own design of

FTX scenery library entries.

There should be no "ORBX SCENERY" to be found. 

Capture.PNG

Thanks Stewart,

Martin,

There should be a default scenery library entry named simply Africa.

If you have moved or removed it, FTX Central has no reference point.

It should be just above the base scenery areas.

Below what you have shown in your last screen shot.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem and think I got it fixed today. What I found is that the culprit here is the "Expand Path" funciton of the ScenereyConfigEditor.

As I have up to now normally used this function my path entry for e.g. the Africa line in the scenery.cfg was not "Scenery\AFRI" as I think ORBX expects, but something like "E:\P3DV4\Scenery\AFRI".

What I did was basically:

- Uninstall ORBX Vector

- Used the "Normalize Local Paths" - Action of the SceneryConfigEditor

- Re-Installed ORBX Vector again.

The scenery.cfg entries were now on the right place and stayed there also when I installed a further ORBX scenery, used the Airport Elevation Correction tool of ORBX vector etc.

To cross-check my findigs i used again the "Expand Path" function of the SceneryConfigEditor, and the problems happened again.

So I am pretty sure that this can be one reason to give troubles to the location of the ORBX Vector entries in the scenery.cfg file

For those of you who speak German: I made for myself a little documentation of this issue, and if you are interested you find it as an attachment here ORBX_Reihenfolge_00.pdf

Archived