EU Germany North: elevation problems

r0x0r

(Prepar3d V4)

I installed the germany related scenery in the following order:

1.FTX Global BASE Pack
2.FTX Global VECTOR
3.FTX Global openLC Europe
4.EU Germany North

I noticed massive elevation problems and the runway is not shown correctly. I don´t have any mesh addons installed nor addons in this area.

What can I do?

EDAN:

edan.JPG

EDCW:

edcw.JPG

scenery1.JPG

I had no other option to reinstall Prepar3D and ORBX addons, I made sure to remove all relevant data before installation, again in this order:

1.FTX Global BASE Pack
2.FTX Global VECTOR
3.FTX Global openLC Europe
4.EU Germany North

After each installation-step I started Prepar3D and cheched elevation. After Germany North again I had the same issues.

Taxing from the runway at EDAN and "climbing a hill"? Well, kinda strange :)

The top-down screenshot looks strange too...

Attached again I have added the scenery.cfg, only the 4 named ORBX-addons are installed right now.

It took me hours of download and installation with the same result.

edan_1.JPG

edan_top.JPG

scenery.cfg

Hi there,

actually, both of those airfields have been designed like that and look similar on my screenshots. As you probably know, all default airports are completely flat by design, which is not realistic, especially with grass strips like EDAN and EDCW, as Nick's real-world photos show. Since Germany North enhances every single airfield in its coverage area we take the opportunity to make larger grass strips "terrain-hugging", meaning we remove the main flattens and only place local flattens where necessary. Obviously, the result depends on the detail and accuracy of the underlying terrain mesh data, so the local slopes and elevation differences may not always end up exactly as they are at the real-world airport. Still, we believe that those undulating airstrips are more interesting and realistic than those boring large platforms.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: I notice in your screenshots that you have the new SpeedTree autogen active. Their colors don't match the GEN ground textures very well and also eat quite a few frames. Thus, you may want to experiment with the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" checkbox. See http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136268-speedtrees-toggle-onoff-for-ftx-in-p3d-v4/

Cheers, Holger

FTX GEN - EDCW Wismar oblique.jpg

FTX GEN - EDAN Neustadt-Glewe ground.jpg

FTX GEN - EDAN Neustadt-Glewe oblique.jpg

Archived