Homer - PAHO elevation (FSX)

goffers

I just purchased Orbx NA Southern Alaska and discover Homer Airport (PAHO) has elevation issues.  I have read about this on the forums and subsequently proceeded with suggested fixes, but to no avail.

Placing the FinneyGround Crosshairs Plus 'aircraft' on the runway, I see it shows 74.40 feet, whereas the surrounding area appears to be 60 feet.

I assume the airport bgl called "APT_PAHO.bgl" set to 20 feet is correct.

I have the Pilots 2010 scenery, but no other third party addons for this area.

The only thing I haven't tried is messing with the scenery order - thought the auto-install of FTX Central knew what it was doing.

Cheers.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I installed Southern Alaska a couple weeks ago and ran into this yesterday. 

I've tried using Global Vector's AEC but it doesn't make any difference. 

Running FSX-SE, FTX Global Base, openLC NA, Vector, PNW and Southern Alaska.

Any ideas?

Thanks,,, Dave

2017-8-15_19-23-19-553.jpg

2017-8-15_19-12-59-127.jpg

2017-8-15_19-19-47-863.jpg

I looked at grimsbee5's solution but it does nothing for me. I checked on this before uninstalling Southern Alaska last night and found that  ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.bgl  was dated 05/27/2014. After the reinstall of Southern Alaska it is still 05/27/2014. 

Handie above says he uninstalled and reinstalled PAHO Homer. Does he mean PAHO only or SAK? I don't know how to uninstall/reinstall a specific airport. 

Dave

I don't have the PAHO Homer Airport product, just  NA Southern Alaska so don't see a way to discretely erase PAHO using FTX Central.

For grins I renamed ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.bgl and started a flight at PAHO. The elevation issue was significantly worse. 

Dave

Nick, I looked at your link and had renamed ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.bgl as you suggested. Afterwards I had huge cliffs around the aircraft.

I downloaded your version of that file and it significantly improved the situation. I can now taxi anywhere on the airport without crashing. There are some odd looking squares as seen below that disappear as I get closer. From the air they are sometimes on and sometimes off. 

I'm wondering if the issue is that there are multiple versions of ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_CVX.bgl floating around. I'm guessing that is the Southern Alaska base PAHO file that ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.bgl provides correction to?

Dave 

2017-8-17_8-13-5-805.jpg

Archived