Couple of shots with REX

John Venema

Nice to see some in game play with REX.

Are you using REX water textures with these " couple of shots with REX " or FEX water textures with these " couple of shots with REX " in these shots ?

Robert I am using FEX "Orbx Brown" water and REX sky and clouds. Like most people, I'll probably always end up mixing and matching texture sets to get the perfect combo. Since I have not seen or played with REX water I'll wait until Tim gives me some to play with.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does FEX and REX stand for?

Guess: Flight Enviroment X,  R.... Enviroment X ????????

Regards Jørn

Yup. And then there's SEX. That's, uh, I mean... Ok, next question. :P

Nice to see some in game play with REX.

Are you using REX water textures with these " couple of shots with REX " or FEX water textures with these " couple of shots with REX " in these shots ?

Robert I am using FEX "Orbx Brown" water and REX sky and clouds. Like most people, I'll probably always end up mixing and matching texture sets to get the perfect combo. Since I have not seen or played with REX water I'll wait until Tim gives me some to play with.

I hear ya John. Many different texture choices these days for FSX. All are good, I mean Xgraphics,FEX Q1 coming REX, not to mention all the freeware textures for FSX.  Orbx Brown is a fantastic water texture for your creation of FTX, it just looks right.

I posted a few shots of some new HiRes clouds for the up-coming upgrade form FEX in another thread. Some guy posted saying: he was not happy with FEX...I was stunned. I mean anybody calling him/herself a simmer and involved in a Flight Simulation forum could see the realness of the clouds and the flying environment. My thinking was he/she had a very old system or the settings are not correct in the in questioned system of viewing of the shots. 

You are not alone,I´ll probably ending up mixing and matching texture sets to get the perfect combo as well. We´re all different and have different views of perfect, but in the end we all will find a sweet point in FSX.

Looking forward to more REX shots from you. I am looking forward to viewing those fantastic shots as Tim has posted by other simmers using REX. I guess in time you will be getting those textures to try as well.

This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better...

Guest J van E

I posted a few shots of some new HiRes clouds for the up-coming upgrade form FEX in another thread. Some guy posted saying: he was not happy with FEX...I was stunned. I mean anybody calling him/herself a simmer and involved in a Flight Simulation forum could see the realness of the clouds and the flying environment. My thinking was he/she had a very old system or the settings are not correct in the in questioned system of viewing of the shots. 

That must have been me. But that wasn't about your screenies, which looked great, specially the second and third one. I bought FEX yesterday and I am having big troubles getting those gorgeous sunrises everyone seems to have and after fooling around for 6 hours with it yesterday, I got fed up with it... However, I love the Orbx water with FTX and in the very end I finally did a short flight during daytime and it looked great... I also got the waterreflections working, so... I was (well, still am) disappointed I can't get those sunrises/sunsets as others do, though...

BTW (heavily OT): I see you are a Beatlesfan?!? May I call you brother? ;D Life is simple: Food, beer, FSX and Beatles! ;)

If, it is ok with you I will add your idea to my siggy...Life Is Simply: Food Beer and FSX and the Beatles ?

Concerning FEX and you not being happy with the sunrise / sunset. Have you installed any sky textures?

Guest J van E

Of course that's okay! ;)

And of course I installed sky textures. ;) I tried various ones, but none gave me those orange/yellow moody atmospheric screenies... As said, things are okay now during daytime: nice water and nice clouds (John's theme right now), but I was hoping to get those gorgeous sunsets... But maybe it is better to discuss that over here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1725.0 because I don't want to pollute the forum with my problems! ;)

Archived