Freeware Airports - updates and AEC

When I update to the latest Freeware Airports (AUG 2017) do I just need to re-run the AEC tool?  (I have Vector installed.)

Or do I need to manually correct the individual airports listed as "disable AEC"?

Does Orbx have an official and updated list of all the Freeware Airports and their AEC settings?

I know that each release announcement lists the new airports and their AEC setting, but not the entire list.

I found some lists created and posted by users, but was looking for an official Orbx list.

Hi Matt!

you need to manually correct the individual airports listed as "disable AEC", because the  tool will only work when you run it the very first time but not after installing an updated pack over a previous version.

There is an official and updated list which you can access via FTX Central, which is I think what Nick is referring to above.

Greetings!

5 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hi Matt!

you need to manually correct the individual airports listed as "disable AEC", because the  tool will only work when you run it the very first time but not after installing an updated pack over a previous version.

There is an official and updated list which you can access via FTX Central, which is I think what Nick is referring to above.

Greetings!

Yes, in FTX Central its name is User Guide.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Isn't this information in the user guide?

Thanks Nick!  I hadn't remembered the user guides in FTX Central.  

I missed the freeware airports guide when I looked in my P3D\Orbx\User Documents the first time.  After getting it in Central, I checked my User Documents again and it was there all along, I just missed it.

FTX Central makes finding the various product guides pretty easy.  Just navigate to the product in Central and there it is, no scanning through a bunch of file names needed!

5 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

So if the AEC has previously been run and you then update the Freeware Airports, you can just manually add the new airports without re-running the automatic AEC.

Alternatively, if you did re-run the automatic AEC, you would still need to correct all the airports listed in the guide with a blue X, "Disable AEC, if FTX Vector is installed (as detected by Automatic Configuration)".  Correct?

20 hours ago, h3pilot said:

So if the AEC has previously been run and you then update the Freeware Airports, you can just manually add the new airports without re-running the automatic AEC.

Yes.

The automatic configuration only works when installing the freeware airports for the very first time. Re-running the automatic AEC after installing an updated pack over a previous version will not disable the new airports in my experience. You must add the affected airports manually after installing a new Freeware Airport pack.

A black X signifies that it was announced at the time of release that this airport's AEC needs to be disabled. On the other hand, a blue X indicated that the release information did not contain such note, however, running the Automatic Configuration on a clean system proved that it is necessary to disable the particular airport's AEC.

I hope this provides some insight and answers your questions. Feel free to ask more questions anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately there is no user guide for the Europe free airports. In the FTX Central the User Guide is grayed out and in the maps as mentioned above also nothing to find.

Maybe something went wrong?

Or can I use the older list from the Prepar3Dv3 environment?

Archived