NA LC turns off elevation adjustments

Martin

I just installed NA LC 1.15 on my P3D 2.4 system using FTX Central 2 and it indicated everything installed correctly, ran the object library and made sure my scenery file structure was as indicated in the manual. I started to notice some elevation issues with my airports and when I looked in the \world\scenery folder all but 9 airports had elevation_adjustment turned OFF? Also when trying to switch between Hybrid and North America to make sure it was reading the correct lookup.bgl I get "Access to  path D:\Scripts\Backup\Restore.bat" is denied? And when I click off NA LC in my scenery library the elevation issues remain? Would like to get it back to where it was before installing LC NA. I have Alaska/Canada install and that seems to work perfect? Any help would be much appreciated. Would hate to have to go in and change  airport elevation script to .bgl instead of OFF because some of them might need to be turned off, ugh!

Cheers

Martin

I have all of the North America Regions and it looks like all the airports from those regions had their .BLG turned to OFF? When I received the error message "Access to  path D:\Scripts\Backup\Restore.bat" is denied I went to the scripts folder and ran the restore.bat file, does anyone think is what turned off the BGL extensions and replace them with OFF. Other airports outside of these regions are fine? Odd that NA LC would even deal with airport elevations? I'm stumped!

Martin

• 4 months later...

I'm revisiting this issue to see if any one can give me some guidance on what is going on here before I start renaming each file. There are 316 files that have been turned .OFF for some strange reason. Below is a couple of the files that have been turned off? Do I just start replacing the .OFF with .BGL one at a time? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

Thank you!

Martin

ADE_FTX_CRM_5S5_elevation_adjustment.OFF

ADE_FTX_CRM_6OR2_elevation_adjustment.OFF

ADE_FTX_CRM_6S0_elevation_adjustment.OFF

Hi Doug,

I didn't us FTXC2 to install NA LC, just unzipped the file and installed that way, (already had Alaska and Canada LC installed), LC NA 1.0 and 1.15 allowed you to install it that way. There are various reasons why I haven't updated to FTXC3, I have a very slow internet, and a data limit so for now I have to stay with FTXC2 can't re-download all my ORBX software from FSS. Yes, have seen John's FAQ, I'm trying to figure out why all those airports BLG were turnoff, and when in the install progress that would of occurred? No I don't have vector.

Regards

Martin

Hi Nick,

I have in FTXC2 North America  selected, and all my NA regions selected and they look fine but these 316 scenery airport files are turned off, should I de-select North America and the NA regions in FTXC2 then select them again? I can edit each one, just trying to avoid that.

Regards

Martin

Hello Martin,

If North America is selected, all the North America regions' files should be active,

ending in .bgl.

Try cycling through the options a couple of times and see if FTX Central will go back into sync.

Global/North America/Oceania/Global/North America.

Archived