Vector Coastline Issues Marseilles

Hi!

Having serious coastline anomalies with vector in P3Dv4 along the coastline of southern France.  Ran auto configuration twice now. Never had these issues with vector in P3Dv3.  Attached screen shots and coordinates along with my scenery.cfg.  I have a separate scenery cfg for Europe. Not sure what is with this?  Your assistance much appreciated.

marseille-vector issues.jpg

marseille-vector issues (2).jpg

coordinates.jpg

scenery.txt

Hello,

Here is how it looks with just Vector and OLC Europe.

Untitled.jpg

2017-7-25_7-28-10-26.jpg

and for comparison

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

You might start your investigation by disabling this

[Area.339]
Title=LFML-Marselle-Provence, France
Local=E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Addon Scenery\LFML Marselle-Provence\
Layer=339
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE

Hi Nick!

LFML was disabled as you can see it says active "false"  and I reran the vector auto configuration after deactivating it.  And then I removed it completely and reran vector auto configuration still no joy.  Could it be that I am using FS Global 2010 for FTX?  Is there something in my scenery layering with OLC Europe?  

Thanks!

Larry

Hi Nick!

Well then, why when I disabled default Western Europe would the situation resolve itself and your images are from quite a distance compared to mine.  Only other scenery near there is LFMN which I did disable but did not result in a fix..

Larry

Those lines in the sea are typical of what will occur if the Vector exx file is not active. This may not be true in this case but worth looking at your scenery library to ensure the exx file is enabled. I saw this effect several times when I was disabling various Vector folders as I only wanted the coastlines to be enabled. Once I had also enabled the Vector exx folder the lines were gone. It is like the lines represent the original shoreline prior to the more "accurate" coastline that Vector introduces, hence the need for all the Exclude files contained within the Vector exx folder.

That's my theory anyway !:)

Thanks jjaycee1!

No my vector exx is active and all my scenery entries for vector and OLC Europe are in the correct order.  I might uninstall vector and reinstall it in case there was a corrupt file in the download.

Archived