Add on xml.

Hi. If the new Vector is not picking up the add on xmls that I've read about a lot lately, take it this is for aircraft and scenery. What other methods are people using to install aircraft and scenery into P3Dv4 these days or have I missed something. Because I have a lot of boxed aircraft that I would like to install as I expect a lot of other people have. Derek.

Hello Derek,

Don't worry about aircraft, Vector doesn't even look for them.

If you wish to learn a whole lot of new stuff about creating and manipulating .xml files,

please go ahead.

Personally, I have installed all the aircraft in the usual way, as have the installers from

those developers whose aircraft I have that are P3Dv4 ready.

Scenery you can continue to add using the scenery library, SCE or Simstarter.

This allows the scenery to be outside the P3D folder but visible in the simulator, as ever.

Vector reads the scenery.cfg file but doesn't see the .xml files in the documents folder.

Hi Nick. Thanks for your reply. I have the A2A 182 but I bought it from the Flightsimstore, plus I have just downloaded the A2A update from A2A update_04_13_17.zip. Not sure if that's the new v4 update. Or will I have to wait until Flightsimstore has it. Derek

3 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Sorry forgot the post was about Scenery not aircraft. I really like the new sim  but so wish you could install stuff the usual way. Derek.

For what it's worth, the new method is objectively better from a management standpoint.  The ideal situation would be if no addons at all were installed directly into the P3D directory.  This would allow for immensely clean reinstalls, as well as super easy transfers to new systems (so long as something is worked out for licensing.)

-stefan

Hello Derek,

you can continue to install stuff in the usual way.

It is a recommendation not a rule and stuff that works with P3Dv4 will work using either way.

As Stefan says, if you decide to apply an update to P3Dv4, you may run into problems later.

Archived