Istanbul to Athens in the 747

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4 - All the Orbx that's available.  AS weather with ASCA on, and a modified PTA.

Made a flight in a JAL 747 from Istanbul to Athens.  It was fun and I'm slowly learning it.  Does the sea look too light blue?

If so, anyone with a LOT of PTA knowledge in V4 how can I make it slightly darker?

kxwPcNw.jpg

YSW18oB.jpg

u3wS9hJ.jpg

ZIxWEw8.jpg

hZXc6lk.jpg

UCwPohz.jpg

Jen0lkK.jpg

IDbUUwy.jpg

Zjkisuj.jpg

JU1GtED.jpg

s1OZeag.jpg

2vJwAO5.jpg

J3SHNxx.jpg

F8HOoGg.jpg

mEwNhTw.jpg

XPSDTTz.jpg

LM4XVkD.jpg

mDwOuPm.jpg

xDfDQLu.jpg

fCX0TPs.jpg

ZPrQpBT.jpg

vyh7P2S.jpg

1 minute ago, Sammy H said:

Fantastic shots Jack, you are moving up into the big leagues now spreading those wings on cross-country hops in the 747.....Pretty soon you will be on those International Flights with me :)

Thanks Sammy!  I still have a LOT to learn though but I'm getting there.

To make it darker just go to terrain lightning and lower the ambient value.

The second value (diffusion) is for the shadowed areas. Less value also means darker.

Try lowering the value by 0.2 steps and check the results.

Very nice set Jack!

And very nice livery.

Do all those PMDG stairs and vehicles in the first picture come from the 747 itsel or from GSX?

Own the Queen myself, but never noticed an option for stairs.

1 hour ago, fly37 said:

Wow so real, so natural... don't change more your setting.. that are the best  Congratulation Jack!

Thanks Gianni, I tweaked this little preset I found on a YT site.  I have a little more to do yet but thanks, I too think it looks great.

1 hour ago, PupaZebu said:

To make it darker just go to terrain lightning and lower the ambient value.

The second value (diffusion) is for the shadowed areas. Less value also means darker.

Try lowering the value by 0.2 steps and check the results.

Very nice set Jack!

And very nice livery.

Do all those PMDG stairs and vehicles in the first picture come from the 747 itsel or from GSX?

Own the Queen myself, but never noticed an option for stairs.

Thanks PZ!  I can really use these little tips as I'm still learning my way around PTA.  Thanks, I like the livery too, I wanted to test out the nose cargo door, first time I ever did it and it's really animated very well. 

I don't have GSX, but when you call for vehicles and equipment with the CDU they all come, for now it's just the PMDG livery but eventually they're gonna make them livery specific, can't wait for that.  It's neat to see them come rolling and service the plane when you call for them.

5 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

A very nice set of shots Jack and I wouldn't worry about the sea colors water reflects a lot so it changes every time depending on the weather and sun and cloud conditions.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud, yeah, I'm gonna keep the PTA the way it is for now.  I'm going to make this same flight again but this time and dawn or dusk.  It's really good for training as it's only about an hour long.

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Very nice screen shots Jack nice to se no upside down well done regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, see above, next time no antics.  I was just having fun. I only did the upside dow stuff after I landed.  It was a great flight and a good learning experience.  These PMGD 747's are serious study-level planes.  But that's what makes them so good.

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't have GSX, but when you call for vehicles and equipment with the CDU they all come, for now it's just the PMDG livery but eventually they're gonna make them livery specific, can't wait for that.  It's neat to see them come rolling and service the plane when you call for them.

Hmm must have entirely overseen them :D Have to investigata that immediately ^_^

3 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Nice flight  , nice setting , What Else ??

Patrick

Thanks Patrick.  PTA from Capt Vince that I modified slightly, no other add-ons like ENVTEX which I do own but do not use yet.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice set.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

4 minutes ago, PupaZebu said:

Hmm must have entirely overseen them :D Have to investigata that immediately ^_^

Yeah, it's really very neat to see them service the plane.

Archived