Query re. Freeware (and any others) released for P3Dv4

Ariel

Many thanks for the interim versions - Objectflow has clearly been a bit of a stumbling block for you guys.  Pity - otherwise your transition efforts have been excellent.

A query:-  If I install airports released for P3Dv4 without having Objectflow, what happens when Objectflow for P3Dv4 becomes available?   Will this just activate the missing objects in my current installations, or will I need to re-install them all again?

(In passing - it might be good to remind us all just what Objectflow does provide.  I am assuming that my missing miles of wind turbines on the hills in the NCA Region south of Byron are due to this, although I didn't see a note anywhere that mentioned this. .?).

Graham

Wind Farms are selected on (the default setting).  Sliders set high - the same as my P3Dv3 which shows the wind farms.  Are you saying that this is not caused by the lack of Objectflow tin P3Dv4 then?

Also, I know how objectflow.dll installs, what I was asking was will I have to reinstall the airport sceneries again when it does become available.  I am assuming not, but just checking...

Graham

The ObjectFlow controlled files are already present, when the update happens the module will be updated and added to the sim where it will locate and load the existing files.

ObjectFlow controls dynamic scenery objects that change with time of day, season, and weather. It is also used in some other instances like bypassing the rendering pipeline for high altitude airports that were impacted by bugs in object placement so airports like West Yellowstone and Lake Tahoe will be missing most of their objects.

Thanks Guys.  Well I must have a problem somewhere because the wind farms show in my P3D v3  but not in my P3D v4, although everything else seems to be fine there.  Not sure where to start with that one!

Graham

That didn't do it I'm afraid.  Since this isn't Objectflow-related it's a support issue, so I'll finish here and raise it elsewhere if I can't fix it.

Graham

On 7/10/2017 at 11:57 AM, Alex Goff said:

The ObjectFlow controlled files are already present, when the update happens the module will be updated and added to the sim where it will locate and load the existing files.

ObjectFlow controls dynamic scenery objects that change with time of day, season, and weather. It is also used in some other instances like bypassing the rendering pipeline for high altitude airports that were impacted by bugs in object placement so airports like West Yellowstone and Lake Tahoe will be missing most of their objects.

Thanks for this info!  And yes ,only the runway and ground textures are there. 

Archived