Chicago Meigs

Hi all,

just installed the Chicago Meigs scenery for Aerofly, but I'm a bit disappointed. Not because of the airport, it's as excellent as in FTX Global,

not because of the downtown scenery, but because of the underlaying PR. It's rather good stock scenery in Aerofly, but this PR seems to be totally faded,

it's all too bright, the roads are so bright that there are no details to be seen and it all looks a bit painted in white.

Than I go direction O'Hare and there is a lot of blurry PR in low resolution and the big airport does not really exist, no buildings at all.  

I read that there will be an update 1.10 which will give us more autogen and so for those 12000 km/2 . But first we will need 1m PR for the whole area and the most essential

buildings and stuff for O'Hare and Midway to make this a working scenery. And the PR should work with the same colors and brightness as the stock scenery.

My installation of the scenery was made by FTX Central 3.    

Happy flying

Andreas         

• 4 weeks later...

Now I have the LOWI Innsbruck scenery for Aerofly FS2 as well and there are none of the issues I described above for Meigs.

There is excellent imagery within the coverage area, no blurries and the colors are very good.

I can even go up and have a look around over the mountains, no issues.

So this is very good scenery, nothing to complain about.

Cheers

Andreas   

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder, has Meigs been kicked to the curb?  Where is all that fan-fare great autogen on top of higher (than now) ground resolution zl's (in teaser pre-release pics) for hundreds of square miles that had me teased into the purchase?

Seems to be M.I.A. :unsure:, Orbx....

• 2 weeks later...

Well Orbx promised the additional buildings/scenery, and they are not really known backing off on things like that, at least I don't think so. I can't think of any examples. Even when Orbx backed away (for now) from X-plane (project X), JV came out and laid the cards on the table pretty quickly, despite the flack.

I suspect that they were blindsided by how hard it would be to make their existing products work with P3D v4. The airports aren't available for P3D v4 yet after three months. I think that all of their resources are being applied to that problem and their timetable has been thrown for a loop. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2017 at 4:58 PM, PNW User said:

I've noticed that as well.

This has been mentioned by others on the Ipacs official forum. The may simply be a matter of preference however, as it appears others report having no concerns with the way the lights currently appear.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

there is an update available now via FTX Central and this improves the scenery very much, thanks to Orbx. :)

Now there is a large area around downtown with nice quality pr and all the buildings and trees and so.

It's interesting to compare it with the FTX Global version. I like it both but at the end this here is more realistic.

Now a ingenious person is needed to complete the 2 big airports and than the whole thing will be perfect.

Cheers

Andreas 

Archived