For Jack Sawyer: Sun sizes

Thanks JJ.  Since I uninstalled it back to P3Dv4 default,  it looks small as in the first one.  It's finally sunny today after weeks of rain so I'm gonna look out the window at the sun right now...ok, so after almost blinding myself, the sun in real life is actually the size of the second one.  So ENVTEX has it right and I think P3D's version of the sun is not representative of the real sun.  Very odd in that I thought it was smaller.

Thanks for this, I appreciate it.  But how did you do it?  Did you have to uninstall then move the green slider?

BTW, I use IMGUR and can send screens in PM's, I do it all the time.

Where was this too?  Does it matter season or hemisphere?  I would think it wouldn't as the sun is always going to be the same size right?  I mean I just looked at it and it was 11:20 AM local.

Funny but I thought the sun originally looked fine sizewise but you felt differently and that it was too big. Hey at our age we always get confused on "size"!!

The sun will obviously look bigger the lower in the sky it gets. Think of sunsets at sea where it looms large just above the horizon, compared with midday. Anyway glad you are sorted now and just stick with what takes your fancy.

I will PM you again regarding how the sun change was done otherwise the thread will get shut down because we are not talking Orbx;)

Archived