Beep, beep!

andy1252

Just got the Gee Bee back in v4. It always did seem to be the aviation equivalent of the Roadrunner. And Vegas feels like its natural home.

9cUNsBY.jpg

Whoo-hoo! (beep-beep!) Hmm, I seem to be mixing my cartoon metaphors. Or something.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Andy, could you PM with with all your settings and what add-ons you used?  I LOVE the way this shot looks!  If you don't mind, if you''re busy that's ok too, or mayhap post it here?

Hi Jack, glad you like it, and here's what I tend to run with.

ZjnQY8I.jpg

6J5ZQes.jpg

the HDR settings get changed slightly on occasion. They may have been a tad lower for this shot as I know I'd just changed them a bit for a different flight. I rarely vary much and hardly ever go outside 0.75 to 1.10 though on any of them. I can see I've lowered the shadows settings a bit, but to be honest, I can't remember why. I know I had them maxed out as well originally and it may be I just lowered them a bit as a holdover from v3 when I was trying to get the memory usage down.

0Ymgj5V.jpg

xWx5YT2.jpg

For PTA I'm currently using the Thopat ini file, but with my own HDR and not using the "miscellaneous" tweaks (simply because I want to find out more about them before I put them in place). No idea what most of the settings are, I just bunged it in and it looked basically fine so I've stayed with it so far. There would have been no weather in place here, (clear skies), so no AS or ASCA and I haven't activated Envtex yet, so sky and stuff is basic P3D. Date and time were default, which I think is around 14.00 on 28th May.

WFKPxwJ.jpg

13 hours ago, magic1 said:

Nice Shot - interesting aircraft:)

Sure is! A bit of a fave, but a swine to control. Definitely have to pause the sim to grab a screenshot. But I really like the look of the beast and there are some nice repaints out there.

uKOBuLu.jpg

And thank you Iain, Mark, Karoly, Ruud and Taph - glad you enjoyed it.

Hi Jack, glad you like it, and here's what I tend to run with.

Thanks Andy, man, you must have a serious PC, I'd have very low frames at those high settings.

I have that preset so I'm gonna have to try it again with how you setup your PTA.

Archived