Using ORBX products on two different computers

Dear Orbx team,

I spend my time between two different locations and would like to enjoy flight simulation in both of them, so I bought an additional computer to install P3Dv4 at my second location (I already have it up an running at my primary home). But after reading the EULA it seems that I will have problems if I now want to install my ORBX products (FTX Global, FTX Vector, both OpenLC, Australia, NT, England, Scotland, Alaska, PNW and a bunch of others) on the other computer as well? This is the first time I have run into this, as most other addons I use allow the use on at least two different systems. Why is the policy so strict here and does this mean that my only option is to purchase everything again for the second computer?

Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king".

I don't feel like a king if I need to purchase everything twice for my own use :( I might do it for some products, since I love using them, but it will leave a bit of a bad taste for the first time since being an ORBX customer.

I'm very much interested in this too because this fall when Jetline builds me a new PC I'll have one PC with 3.4 and the new one with V4 Professional.

So, do I have to deactivate everything I have on my existing PC?  I have FTX Central with products for FSX which I never use, P3D 3.4, and P3D v4 which I do use.

How does one go about doing this?  With the amount I have in 3.4 that would be a lot of uninstalling but if needs be then so be it.

I would never do this because I find it to be immoral, but what would happen if someone did this with two PC's?

Jetline even said they have a bridge kind of device that can connect both PC's to one monitor and all I'd have to do is press a switch and could go back and forth between PC's.

It never dawned on me about Orbx until I saw this post.

So any mods that can explain I'd really appreciate it as this will be new territory for me.

Thanks, Jack

If you are fortunate enough to afford two PCs to satisfy your hobby, then I am struggling to empathise with the issue of purchasing two copies as stipulated by our EULA.

a. You may install, access, and run a SINGLE copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a SINGLE personal computer for your personal, non-commercial, non-profit use. Any party or organisation seeking to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT under license for commercial use should see our Commercial Use License Agreement.

Archived