FSX activation

Dadtom65

Hi. Just installed FSX but when I ran it some thing came about the activation being wrong. It did carry on and FSX loaded but I have uninstalled it just incase any probs later. Could I have left it as it was. Derek.

All ok now Nick but now I keep getting that error code where you have to go into the reg and edit it, but have been there and it says the Partmg bit and not 0, so don't know what's going on there. With P3D v4 will we still need our old FSX. Derek.

Derek,

If you have followed Jeff's guide as per Nick's message above, at the Upper Filters entry you should have     PartMgr    alone, there is no 0.

Your entry above shows     Partmg    there is not a capital M and the r is missing.

Keep at it mate, us olduns sometimes struggle with all this tech stuff.

Smudger.

Hi smudger. Forgive my spelling but I was just writing as I would. What I was saying was the entry was correct and there was no zero there, it was as it should be, so why was I still getting the error code. Anyway FSX still loaded ok even though it did come up with error code. If you read my post correctly I said there was no zero. Derek.

Hi Derek,

My apologies, think I need to go back to school with a trip to Specsavers on the way.

Glad FSX is loading OK for you.

I have decided to keep my FSX alongside my upgrade to P3Dv4, see how it works out in time.

Smudger.

Hi. Worked out why I was still getting the error code for activation, whent and checked again and found that though it had prtmgr there, the p and m were not capitals. Changed it and all ok now. Now for a load of installing. This will take a few days. Derek.

Archived