Windows woes.

Dadtom65

Ok one day every thing will be ok he says hopefully. I'm having trouble with windows in that it is trying to install a Nvidia driver but fails to install it plus when I try to install graphics drivers for my card it keeps coming up with failed to install drivers because it is not compatible with Windows which is I believe because Win10 has not updated it self fully. Seems a lot of people have had this happen to them. Anybody any ideas. An idea I had was to just use onboard graphics, update windows fully then install the card. Derek.

Hello Derek,

As far as I am aware, Windows 10 takes a "snapshot" of your PC when it is first installed.

If you didn't have your graphics card installed when you installed Windows, it may be loading

drivers for the onboard one, probably Intel?

Either way, you should be able to manually install a driver from Nvidia, or is it that which is 

giving you the message?

I struggled with windows 10 and all its crap for a year.  Finally said a whole bunch of nasty words and a couple months ago went on ebay and bought a win7x64 pro for $40 and couldn't be happier.

...and on the other side, I have never struggled with Windows 10 and find it to be stable, efficient

and noticeably faster in all its tasks than previous windows versions.

Now that we have the two opposing views, let's have no more "I love/hate Windows 7/8/10" and

instead see if we can between us give Derek enough useful advice to get him going again.

Thanks.

Hi Nick yea it was Nvidia giving the message. My other son has been here to help and he found a big update or upgrade, it says both on the Microsoft site, it checked my comp and is now installing it. Will see what happens. Some more updates. Derek.

Good to hear Derek, and sage advice from Nick. Wish I could have been more help, but I have had movers in my place last two days packing up all my stuff. Kind of chaotic for me at the moment. Hope your are sorted from here on.

Hi all. Sniper31 hope your move goes well, is it a military move. When I was in the RAF you used to get posted every 2-3 years and getting near the end of service I was getting a bit fed up with it as you used to make good friends and then you got posted and most times never saw them again. Anyway about Windows my son finally got it sorted and he had to get Microsoft support to sort it out but we got there in the end. Now the reinstall begins. Derek.

Yes Derek, a military move indeed which should be my last one. I have 27 years in now, so it's about time to put my boots on the shelf and move on to the next chapter in life. 

In the meantime, have a nice, good roll getting the rest installed. 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:50 PM, Sniper31 said:

Yes Derek, a military move indeed which should be my last one. I have 27 years in now, so it's about time to put my boots on the shelf and move on to the next chapter in life. 

In the meantime, have a nice, good roll getting the rest installed. 

Thank you for your service.

Archived