Question regarding ObjectFlow and v4

Jon Clarke

Out of interest i am curious to know if the ObjectFlow DLL is a generic one serving all addons that require it, or are specific requirements warranted for each individual airport?

My second question depends on the answer to my first one, but will airports that are made v4 compatible be released individually when ready, or is Orbx planning on completing all airports and once they are all done, release them in one block?

1 hour ago, jjaycee1 said:

Out of interest i am curious to know if the ObjectFlow DLL is a generic one serving all addons that require it, or are specific requirements warranted for each individual airport?

My second question depends on the answer to my first one, but will airports that are made v4 compatible be released individually when ready, or is Orbx planning on completing all airports and once they are all done, release them in one block?

Well, your second question is exactly the same I was asking to myself.

well, interestingly enough, i added KSAN from P3Dv3 to v4. i made sure its in the right place in the scenery library and it does work. Gotta disable the afacds from socal, but the airport works nicely. i am sure others could too.

21 minutes ago, elmucki said:

well, interestingly enough, i added KSAN from P3Dv3 to v4. i made sure its in the right place in the scenery library and it does work. Gotta disable the afacds from socal, but the airport works nicely. i am sure others could too.

While JV is referring to the whole Orbx folder in this post, I think it would be safe to think that it applies to  specific content of the Orbx folder too. Is the risk of having unsupported products worth it? It's something to consider before trying a DYI install.

5 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

We have one single ObjectFlow module for our airports and regions. It's likely airports will be released in bulk, but not certain.

Archived