Flat Buildings

Tamba765

I have numerous orbx scenery packages installed in P3Dv4. When flying at low level around KMSO the scenery is wonderful, but aside from autogen scenery, and some other buildings, most of them are flat on the ground. Is this the way they're supposed to appear, or is it a settings issue?  If this is normal, will FTX Vector make the buildings look more realistic . It's on my buy list as soon as it's available for v4. Thanks.

When I open FTX Central and click on libraries, it says the product is up to date. the product tools below are all greyed out. Is this what you mean by Libraries? I'm new to P3D and orbx, so please be as specific as you can. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Well, I played around with it, and increased the autogen building density which helped. In my opinion though, the autogen stuff looks terrible and totally unrealistic, so I put the setting back to where it was. I'll just deal with the flat buildings for now. 

I did the same and the buildings came up but, before I upgraded to P3d v4.1 I didn't have to touch the autogen building density and I don't recall seeing as many flat buildings.  I agree that a lot of the autogen looks bad but, I still like skimming rooftops every now and then and with just the outline of the building being on the ground with no depth just looks even more unrealistic at least to me lol.  Thanks for replying and happy flying!

• 1 year later...

I just downloaded the demo today Oct 5, 2019f for TE GB South ver 1.0 and I see the same thing  for X-Plane 11. I increased my World Objects setting to max in hopes of a fix but same issue. My experience is very similar to the helo picture above. I was flying from EGHI. Since it's a demo are some building supposed to be flat? I'm fearful of buying the full version for this flatness issue I see.  Thank you for any tips.

Archived