Are these files genuine Orbx files?

WebMaximus

Today I uninstalled a scenery for Samos developed by 29Palms and since the uninstallation routine left lots to be desired I have tried to manually clean up my system.

Part of what I found were lots of files in the locations below having 29Palms in the filename and I just want to know if these files are genuine Orbx files that should stay there or if they are left-overs from the scenery I uninstalled meaning I can get rid of them?

These are the locations where the files were found:

F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery
F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Texture

I noticed that he mentioned F drive, is this his boot deveice, coz i cant see any of this in my boot deveice. So, unless this is leftovers from 29palms installation files, i cant see any reason for not to leave them there.. So, i checked my boot deveice as he did, no files from orbx there, they are there they are supposed to be, not in boot deveice as he mentioned.. Strange anyway..

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

They are part of the Orbx libraries.

Please leave them be.

Thanks for the quick confirmation Nick!

9 minutes ago, GHaukland said:

I noticed that he mentioned F drive, is this his boot deveice, coz i cant see any of this in my boot deveice. So, unless this is leftovers from 29palms installation files, i cant see any reason for not to leave them there.. So, i checked my boot deveice as he did, no files from orbx there, they are there they are supposed to be, not in boot deveice as he mentioned.. Strange anyway..

F drive is my dedicated P3D partition where I have everything related to P3D installed including the Orbx libs which these files are part of.

2 minutes ago, GHaukland said:

Okay, you did not mention it in your first post, sorry. Disregard my answer then, again sorry..

Not sure how this had anything to do with what is the boot drive/device and hence I didn't mention it but never mind, all is good now :)

You posted this: F:\Program Files (x86)

And the only reason for my reply was that line there, the only reason is that this line is on my boot device, and located on my C drive with same line, but i have no orbx stuff there.

Hope you understand what i am trying to say here.. :)

Ah, I'm sorry my path fooled you :)

Admittedly the path might be a bit confusing but it has nothing to do with my boot device which is C. The only reason I kept it this way is it's easy to simply replace the C with an F during installation.

Archived