FTX3 and P3Dv4 LockMart Installation Recomendations ?

scottb613

Hi Folks,

I know we're finally going further down the road to remove add-on package installations from the base P3D installation directories... Is ORBX planning on accommodating these recommendations at some point ? It seems it would make it simpler for those of use with more than one version of P3D installed - possible shared resource  - and use less space ? It should make future upgrades easier as well...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Well the big problem of texture REPLACEMENT is that, they REPLACE the default textures wich are logically in the default folder. Same goes for REX and stuff like that. GSX for example is outside of the root folder because it's a bunch of scripts and models wich have nothing to do with the default P3D itself. 

So if they want to do, that they would need to "tell" P3D somehow where the new textures are wich is way more prone to errors and bugs as just replacing the default ones. 

Further as you mentioned by yourself the question is if it's even possible.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - Global might be the exception as it does replace default textures - but the airports and regions I would think would be manageable... As it stands now on a fresh install of P3D - all the airports and regions can be saved and easily copied back in - Global still needs to be downloaded and installed... Personally - I think LockMart has a good idea and the more stuff we can remove from the P3D directories - the better...

Thanks for the responses...

Regards,

Scott

Archived