Pikes on ground?

My Mesh-Settings are on "max". I have this issue on several places in NA, all over the continent. When I will come closer, the "antennas" become smaller and disappear. Really strange. I saw them in P3d v3 too. Now I have fresh installation of v4. AddOns: FSGlobal 2010, ORBX global base, OpenLC Europe and NA, trees. Airports FSDT KLAX and FB KSFO. That's all.

Hi there,

those do look like extruded objects, like antennae, but it's odd that they all seem to have the same height.

The location looks like Oxnard, CA. That cluster of spikes at the left center is at Point Mugu NAS. Perhaps jump your aircraft to KNTD to check whether those objects are still there. If so please take a close-up screenshot. I've checked in FTX SCA and there are no antennae or similar objects at that location.

Cheers, Holger

49 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

those do look like extruded objects, like antennae, but it's odd that they all seem to have the same height.

The location looks like Oxnard, CA. That cluster of spikes at the left center is at Point Mugu NAS. Perhaps jump your aircraft to KNTD to check whether those objects are still there. If so please take a close-up screenshot. I've checked in FTX SCA and there are no antennae or similar objects at that location.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I found the antennas in KNTD. On ground, everything looks good (Pic2). I slewed me up an the antennas became larger and larger. Last pic wthih zoom.

2017-6-6_22-57-55-584.jpeg

2017-6-6_22-57-38-256.jpeg

Hi Andre,

apologies about the reference to FTX SCA, I misread your initial statement. Obviously, with just Global Base and openLC NA installed the airport is the default version and thus also the local antennae.

I've checked in P3Dv4 with those add-ons but cannot replicate the issue. However, I do remember some issues with extrusion objects in P3D for people using third-party aircraft in external view. In particular, the problem arose due to a specific parameter in the cameras.cfg file. For example, see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88783-ywol-issue-bridges/?do=findComment&comment=853853

Cheers, Holger

P3Dv4 - default antennae at KNTD b.jpg

P3Dv4 - default antennae at KNTD a.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived