FTX Global Trees HD Not showing P3DV4

JBBJ

Hi guys,

I have updated FTX Central and made a clean install of my ORBX Products, however, it seems to me that FTX Global Trees HD did not really install despite the fact FTX says it did.

The default flight in P3DV4 shows me the same trees before and after installing the product.

Is there a way to manually check that all the files are where they are supposed to be ? Or maybe position the aircraft at a certain position and look at the trees ?

If i have doubts it is because I still have a separate computer with P3DV3 and the trees HD, and it looks nothing like what shows in P3DV4.

Thanks for your help.

5 minutes ago, KVSandleben said:

If FTX says it did install, then it did.

Care to show a screenshot? I have the suspicion that you did not untick the dynamic 3D trees within the Graphics options of P3D.

Sure, Tell me where do you want me to load the sim ?

Do you have a benchmark location ?

Hi there,

our Trees HD replace the default textures of the legacy ("cruciform") tree models and thus only display if "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" is deactivated. From your screenshots we can't even tell whether you have Trees HD installed as only SpeedTree models are showing.

It seems strange indeed that you still see the SpeedTree models because unchecking "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" and restarting the sim should definitely deactivate the SpeedTree libraries and globally revert to the legacy tree types. That feature is part of P3Dv4 itself, meaning not altered by us. Thus, if switching between the two options doesn't lead to any visual changes after a sim restart then you should ask at the official P3D forums what may cause this behavior.

As far as I know there are no file changes involved when unchecking the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" option. Instead, the P3Dv4 code internally switches from reading the AutogenDescriptions.spb file, in the main \Autogen\ folder, to reading the AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb file.

Cheers, Holger

18 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

our Trees HD replace the default textures of the legacy ("cruciform") tree models and thus only display if "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" is deactivated. From your screenshots we can't even tell whether you have Trees HD installed as only SpeedTree models are showing.

It seems strange indeed that you still see the SpeedTree models because unchecking "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" and restarting the sim should definitely deactivate the SpeedTree libraries and globally revert to the legacy tree types. That feature is part of P3Dv4 itself, meaning not altered by us. Thus, if switching between the two options doesn't lead to any visual changes after a sim restart then you should ask at the official P3D forums what may cause this behavior.

As far as I know there are no file changes involved when unchecking the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" option. Instead, the P3Dv4 code internally switches from reading the AutogenDescriptions.spb file, in the main \Autogen\ folder, to reading the AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb file.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your answer. Is there a screenshot I could provide you that would clear all doubts ?

If you tell me where I should put the airplane and time season to have a close look at the trees ?

Test 1.jpg

Hi there,

that screenshot shows Trees HD textures on the legacy trees so all is as it should be. Thus, either your previous screenshots were taken while the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" was still active or you may have re-started the sim too quickly after unchecking the checkbox and thus the sim hadn't unloaded the SpeedTree models from memory yet.

Cheers, Holger

2 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

that screenshot shows Trees HD textures on the legacy trees so all is as it should be. Thus, either your previous screenshots were taken while the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" was still active or you may have re-started the sim too quickly after unchecking the checkbox and thus the sim hadn't unloaded the SpeedTree models from memory yet.

Cheers, Holger

Great Thank you !

Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation was the issue , I had to restart P3D twice for the change to really take effect.

Thanks a lot !

56 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

There seems to be some kind of bug. This morning I had opposite reaction in my setup. I tried to switch them back on for testing purposes and despite restarting the sim they didn't show up.

Archived