Black Box w/diagonal lines (Old Problem

spud

I can recall from years ago the problem that has cropped up on my FSX sim but can't recall the solution.

Attached screenshot showing black boxes with diag. lines inside the boxes.   Additionally I have random black squares on the ground.  I have replaced the terrain.cfg file per suggestions in other posts.  No solution with that proceedure.

I was hit with some ransom ware that I belive Malware Bytes and AVG have cleaned from the HD but that's basically a guess as nothing shows up scanning the computer now.

One thing I have noticed is that file extensions has changed in 188,307 files to .b16b which I have never seen prior to the problem showing up Friday 5/26/17.

If anyone can provide further guidance I would be happy to buy the beer!!:rolleyes:

(Click to enlarge)

GCS_241.jpg

Doug,

Steves fixer is unfamiliar to me.  I run FSX with the DX10 Preview Mode disabled and never use it due to known anomalies. 

I do not have Steve's DX10 fixer so I'm not certain exactly what you mean.  I did download a DX10 Fixer file from AVSIM in Feb. of this year but never installed it as I did not have the 'fixer'.  It appears to be related to shaders in the fixer program.

As I related in the original post the black squares w/diag. is/was an old anomaly from a few year ago but I can not remember the solution now. (gittin' old ain't fer sissies!)

Thanks for the suggestion though,

Doug,

I moved the ShadersHLSL out of the FSX root folder to a safe place and started FSX but it did not re-build the Shader folder.  Moved it back into FSX Root folder and FSX goes to the loading progress bar and says Loading complete but just the Progress Bar stays on the screen and sim never comes up.

Unfortunately my DVD's seem screwed up.  I put Disk 1 in DVD drive and it comes up with a 1628 failed to complete installation error.

Methinks its time to imbibie that brew!!!!  :P

Hello,

The correct folder(s) to delete are

C:\Users\your mane\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders and if it's there, Shaders10.

These are rebuilt when FSX is started, using the information stored in the  ShadersHLSL

folder in the FSX root folder.

Archived