Buy now install later, possible?

Ok, so I’m very tempted on buying several products with the 47% discount, Global, Vector, open Lc Europe and North America, along with trees and some airports. This because I decided to return to “fly” again.

Want to buy Prepar3d v4, and read about no upgrade fee in Orbx products. Also read in FTX site about 2017 and some new projects, namely Project A, D, P and so on

My question: if I buy everything now will I be the owner in a question of months of outdate products? Will there be an option of upgrade with no fees or a small one?

2nd and most important for me since it will take some time before installing P3D. Will it be possible to buy, and of course pay, for Orbx products and keep them to install later ,meaning 1-2 months? Want those 47%  discount but time is short now, will you be so kind and let me know before 31st May?

thanks

Thanks, regards  

Hi Beaufighter.

If you buy scenery now, I do not think it will be outdated very soon.

Project "A" is Orbx making scenery for AeroFly FS2.  Looks like you'll get a 40% discount on the AeroFly version of scenery if you have already purchased it for FSX/P3D http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134014-welcome-to-a-new-era-presenting-ftx-innsbruck-for-aerofly-fs2-flight-simulator/?page=1

Project "D" appears to be Orbx making scenery for Dovetail's Flight Sim World.  This isn't going to replace P3D any time soon IMHO.

Project "P" is scenery for Prepar3d v4.  Orbx scenery will be updated to work with P3Dv4 for free. :) http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/130828-no-upgrade-fee-for-orbx-products-for-next-version-of-p3d/

You can buy Orbx scenery now and install it later without a problem.

Well I am new on here, Have X-plane. Going to get LM V4 on the 30 when it comes out. Lots of people talk how great the Orbx is. If I wanted to get everything that they have will it all work with the new version 4. I see it is all in Australian dollars? Since im in the USA what would the price be higher or lower.  Sorry for the stupid questions.  Thanks 

31 minutes ago, lilb93 said:

Well I am new on here, Have X-plane. Going to get LM V4 on the 30 when it comes out. Lots of people talk how great the Orbx is. If I wanted to get everything that they have will it all work with the new version 4. I see it is all in Australian dollars? Since im in the USA what would the price be higher or lower.  Sorry for the stupid questions.  Thanks 

One Australian dollar is currently worth about 75 cents American. So if you see an item on the ORBX site that sells for 40 dollars Australian, it will deduct about 30 American dollars from your bank account. In other words, your cost will be LOWER.

I think think the list below should be a good start. I am also going to the simcon in june. Will the prices be lower there at the show?  

Not done? Continue ShoppingFTX Global BASE Pack$99.95 AUD

Qty:

$52.97 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$46.98 AUD

FTX Global VECTOR$79.95 AUD

Qty:

$42.37 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$37.58 AUD

FTX Global openLC Europe$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

FTX Global openLC North America$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

FTX Global Trees HD$25.95 AUD

Qty:

$13.75 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$12.20 AUD

AYPY Jacksons International Airport$39.95 AUD

Qty:

$21.17 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$18.78 AUD

USMV Monument Valley$24.95 AUD

Qty:

$13.22 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$11.73 AUD

KTEX Telluride Regional Airport$39.95 AUD

Qty:

$21.17 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$18.78 AUD

NA Central Rockies$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

NA Northern California$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

KJAC Jackson Hole Airport$39.95 AUD

Qty:

$21.17 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$18.78 AUD

EU England$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

EU Germany North$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

EU Ireland$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

AU Australia$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

NZ North Island$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

NA Southern California$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

LKHV Horovice Airport$24.95 AUD

Qty:

$13.22 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$11.73 AUD

NA Northern Rockies$54.95 AUD

Qty:

$29.12 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

-$25.83 AUD

Cityscape Canberra$39.95 AUD

Qty:

$21.17 AUDX

May Sale (47% off)

3 hours ago, lilb93 said:

Thanks for the reply, do you have to order everything that they have, or is some duplicate scenery. Thanks 

If you purchase the Global series of products (Global Base, Vector, OpenLC NA and EU) and also purchase Regions (like EU Germany North), there is a technically a bit of duplication, but the Regions still improve upon the Global products.  

Here is a comparison of how the products correspond to the layers (vector data, textures, land class, mesh) that make up FSX/P3D scenery.

Orbxproducts.jpg

As you can see, if you have all the Global products, you have replaced all the default "layers".

If you buy a Region, you are also getting all new layers, but they are even more accurate.  For instance, there are some additional region specific textures and the location of vector data and land class are even more accurately placed.  Additionally, you get extras like custom 3d landmarks, photoreal areas, and updated airports for the entire Region.

I own the Global products (except FS Global 2010, I use FreeMeshX instead) and all but two of the Regions.  

IMHO, the Global products are worth buying because they make the world look so much better than default.

The Regions are also worth buying for anywhere you want to fly regularly.  Especially if you like VFR.

BTW, historically Orbx only has about one sale per year.

I did order and pay for everything listed above. it  came out to 550.00 Australian dollars wont know what the actual charge is till Tuesday i guess when it hits my debit card. Well there goes half of my SS. I used to be a vfr pilot when I hit 70 they wanted the license more than me. Now I can only play with the sims. I flew for 50 years first in a Cherokee 140 and then I bought a new Warrior.  Miss the good old days where you could fly anywhere you wanted to except over the top of the Whitehouse and never over Camp david. You could even fly under the GW bridge. 

Archived