EU Scotland v1.4 landclass errors

crosherg

Noticed some land class problems that seem to have crept in with the EU Scotland v1.4 update. The product is still great, by the way, but the land class has got a bit out of whack in a couple of areas, where it had been fairly accurate in previous versions.

EXAMPLES

- In the city of Aberdeen, the entire southern part of the city has changed from an urban to a much more rural land class (I've included a previously published screenshot of how it used to look - in the latest version, everything you see here south of the city centre now looks like rural farmland).

FTX aberdeen (pre-v14).png

- Also, still in the Aberdeen area, the whole region to the west of the airport is actually a heavily pine-forested area (Kirkhill Forest) which now appears as more of a scrub-land area, with bushes and low trees instead of the pine forest.

- Similar problem in the Fife region, to the north of the RAF Leuchars Air Base. That area is also, in reality, a large pine-forested region, and is now showing as scrub-land. (Not sure if there's any connection with the Aberdeen Kirkhill Forest problem, but the land class error seems to be of a similar nature in both.)

Don't know if there are any other areas that have gone askew with the latest version, but just thought I'd flag it up and see if others were noticing the same (and if it could be corrected for future release?).

Still a great job though, guys, so keep up the good work.

Hi and Welcome,

Before requesting support, please consider pinned topic below:

Then for each reported point, add screenshots and coordinates so we can compare to check if there is any mismatch of landclass or not.

Nothing was done over Aberdeen into the 4th service pack because nothing was previously reported as issue.

Hello Richard,

Thanks for responding to my observation.

I have added my EU Scotland purchase number to my profile.

I'll try and get coordinates next time I'm in the programme.

I guess there are no previous issues reported for the Aberdeen City area because it was all accurate before.

I also purchased LC Europe (will also add that purchase number to my profile) prior to upgrading EUScotland then noticing the problem, but not sure if that is relevant.

Will post coords and screenshots as soon as possible.

Location information as promised...

This is the Kirkhill Forest issue near Aberdeen City. The area is showing as scrubland now, but in previous versions (and in reality) is pine forest.

N57° 11.74'  W2° 14.94'

kirkhill_aberdeen_dyce.png

This next one is the southern half of the City of Aberdeen. It should be an urban land class but now seems to be rural.

Also the area to the west of the city centre should be residential suburban housing, yet is now showing as a huge industrial estate.

N57° 8.20'  W2° 7.55'

aberdeen city centre south.png

aberdeen city centre west.png

I also have recently purchased and installed LC Europe at around the same time I updated to EU Scotland v1.4. I am not sure if that is related to the problem. My LC Europe is below my EU Scotland in my Scenery order.

Hope this helps track down the problem?

Best regards,

Gordon

That looks like similar problem.  Southern part of Aberdeen city centre has become "rural".

I also add pic of the same problem occurring in northern Fife...the entire headland used to be (accurately) pine forest...now scrubland.

leuchars_-_northern_fife.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some more searching and have discovered that the landclass errors with the EU Scotland v1.4 update are far more serious than I originally thought.

I have visited several locations across the whole North East of Scotland and there are huge swathes of terrain that have gone wrong since the update. I have added another screenshot and outlined many areas that have turned into what I would describe as a sort of "Savannah scrub-land" type of terrain. It is very noticeable since Scotland has very little of this type of terrain in reality and, importantly, these areas were all ok in the last version of EU Scotland. Looking further at the satellite view, there look like a lot of other areas that have also gone wrong in the same way, but I haven't had time to visit them all to confirm.

Is it possible to get a download of the previous EU Scotland version so I can get the Scotland scenery  back to normal while the problem is maybe looked into?

Also, and please excuse my ignorance here since I have not posted here before, but have I posted this topic in the correct forum, because it doesn't seem to have an "active" tag on it, and there hasn't been any confirmation that it's being looked into.

Thanks for any help/advice, guys.

scotland_landclass_errors_v14.jpg

Oh dear, the extent of the EU Scotland v1.4 problems continue to get worse.

The North East towns of Peterhead and Fraserburgh are now almost unrecognisable in this scenery version! The towns both have harbours, which are still there, but instead of seeing concrete quaysides and breakwaters, they are now grass texture! And the towns themselves seem to have hardly any buildings now...they just look like mostly countryside now. What's happened there?

Even worse, the airfield at Peterhead, which is an operational airfield with a small GA training centre based there, has changed, and now doesn't have any concrete runways; they are all now just grass strips with bushes on them, so they can't be landed on! I know some of the airfield is disused, but this was at least still a working airfield in the previous version.

Guys, I'm sorry to say this but the Scotland v1.4 upgrade is starting to look like a real wash out. Is it at all possible for you to re-release the previous 1.3 version again, please, since it is absolutely no fun flying round the Scottish countryside now with so many unrecognisable changes that have happened to the scenery, especially in the North East of the country?

Hoping for some good news...

All the best,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Doug's right. You have to check it. Seeing your pictures, your install seems to be corrupted.
Once again, Aberdeen area wasn't reworked so that's not linked to the SP.
You have to reinstall FTX SCO and force migration (into FTX Central settings) again.

here what Aberdeen should look like if things are fine:
SCO_FSX_01.jpg

SCO_FSX_02.jpg

SCO_FSX_03.jpg

SCO_FSX_04.jpg

SCO_FSX_05.jpg

SCO_FSX_06.jpg

SCO_FSX_07.jpg

SCO_FSX_08.jpg

SCO_FSX_09.jpg

Same place from P3D:
SCO_P3D_01.jpg

SCO_P3D_02.jpg

SCO_P3D_03.jpg

I too are getting texture issues after the latest Scotland patch install!!!

I still had issues with the Lochness Monster after the latest install and noticed the terrain was starge as well but thought it was me...?

Thank you Gordon for bringing this one up too.

Here is what i am getting. I have noticed that some suburban textures at Aberdeen look like the Australian suburbs and I am getting Australian country/ orchid textures in random spots too....!?!

I tested my migration tool and all is GREEN but clearly there is some major issues with Scotland!?!!? 

Aberdeen.jpg

Migrated.jpg

.....and yes I have "Australia Installed" ticked in Vector!!!

2 minutes ago, Timmy74 said:

I too are getting texture issues after the latest Scotland patch install!!!

I still had issues with the Lochness Monster after the latest install and noticed the terrain was starge as well but thought it was me...?

Thank you Gordon for bringing this one up too.

Here is what i am getting. I have noticed that some suburban textures at Aberdeen look like the Australian suburbs and I am getting Australian country/ orchid textures in random spots too....!?!

I tested my migration tool and all is GREEN but clearly there is some major issues with Scotland!?!!? 

.....and yes I have "Australia Installed" ticked in Vector!!!

Hi,

Something turns bad on your install and give false diagnostic. You have to reinstall both FTX SCO and ORBXlibs and Force migration again.

1 minute ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi,

Something turns bad on your install and give false diagnostic. You have to reinstall both FTX SCO and ORBXlibs and Force migration again.

How does one "re-install" a region and ORBXlibs now that everything is linked to FTX-Central and the "on-line store"?

15 minutes ago, Timmy74 said:

How does one "re-install" a region and ORBXlibs now that everything is linked to FTX-Central and the "on-line store"?

Just make it and open a new topic for support. Use fresh download backup or Install directly by FTX Central

Hi Guys,

I've run the Troubleshooter.exe. I can only attach the screenshot but can't attach the migration_missing.txt file because I'm being told I can only upload 0.07MB of attachments.

The screenshot, however, indicates a problem with my EU Wales and FTX Global migrations, and the migration_missing.txt file also lists hundreds of FTX Global Scenery/Texture files as well as a few EU Wales ones, plus an invalid Aberdeen BGL file. I've pasted snippets here because I can't attach the file:

Files requiring migration:
FTX Global
 Scenery\World\Texture\003z2an1.agn
 Scenery\World\Texture\003z2an2.agn
 Scenery\World\Texture\003z2an3.agn

... and hundreds of others

Wales
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2an1.agn
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2fa1.bmp
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2hw1.bmp
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2lm1.bmp
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2m11.bmp
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2sp1.bmp
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2su1.bmp
 ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2wi1.bmp
--------------------
Invalid files:
ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_SCO_06_CVX\scenery\CVX_!500_FTX_EU_SCO_LC_4711_Aberdeen.BGL

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing EU Scotland (and EU Wales) but that hasn't fixed the problem.

I guess the next step is to uninstall and re-install FTX Global but I have several Global layers (Global Base, Vector, Trees and OpenLC Europe) so can I check with you, is there a particular order I should do these?

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

Gordon

troubleshooter.png

Thanks Richard,

I forced the migration again in FTX Central and, le voila, normality has been resumed...all areas now showing correctly!

Thank you for all your help guys!!

Best regards,

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived