ENNK Narvik Airport problems

denPes

(transaction id's 591395ba06027 AND 590c8ffac9008)

Hello,

yesterday i bought Ftx global Base pack, ftx global trees, EU norway and ENNK narvik airport. All is working fine, except for ENNK Narvik airport.

The hole area looks terrible. No buildings, only some vehicles, a strip in a big hole. looks like some elevation problems, or something went wrong with the installation. I have used FTX Central, as recommended on the orbx website.

Here is my scenery sequence, and some screenshots of the ENNK area.

I hope you can help me fixing this problem, since i was really looking forward having this as my base for airhauler2. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

denpes.

scenery.JPG

20170512002310_1.jpg

20170512002316_1.jpg

I've read some other topics on elevation problems: So hereby also a list of all the files within my FSX directory with "*ENNK*.bgl"

D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_ankenes_lights.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_beisfjordbrua_platform.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_cvx_road_traffic_halogalandsbrua.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_exclude.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_exclude_extrusion_bridge.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_exclude_freeway_traffic_road.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_exclusion_marina.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_exlude_all_airport_boundaries.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_haalogalandsbrua_lights.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_haalogalandsbrua_terrain_s.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_haalogalandsbrua_terrain_w.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_general.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_grass.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_platforms.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_roadTraffic_platforms.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_rwylights_24h.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_terrain.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_trees_dense.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_library_windsock_FSX.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_linken_FSX.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_main_terrain_lights.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_platform_very_simple.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_ankenes_nightlighting.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_apron_harden_FSX.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_circling_24h.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_djupvik_industrybuildings.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_exclusion_rectangles.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_extralights.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_luftambulanse.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_orbxlibs_airportclutter_extra.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_orbxlibs_airportclutter_normal.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_orbxlibs_dock.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_orbxlibs_marina.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_oyjorda_houses.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_roadTraffic_platforms.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_static_archer.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_static_dash8.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_vehicles_parkinglot.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_plc_vehicle_truck.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_pr_bridge.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_pr_main_85_415.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\ennk_wideroe_equipment.BGL
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\Scenery\mesh_multiLOD4-13_FTX_EU_NOR_ENNK-Narvik.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NOR_ENNK.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NOR_ENNK_CVX.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_NOR_ENNK_objects.bgl
D:\STEAM2\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_EU_ENNK_elevation_adjustment.BGL

I have just installed Narvik and experienced exactly the same elevation problem. Don't even have to add a Screeny as it looks exaclyt the same.

In my FSX scenery file I found "ADE_FTX_EU_ENNK_elevation_adjustment.bgl"! I removed this bgl-file because I thought this was the cause for the problem, but after removal the same problem still exists. Any idea?

Hi Tore, thank you for your advice. I already checked, but I have the latest Libs version installed, should I install them again via FTX Central?

I have also activated the moduleinstaller.exe, without success. Don't know what else to do.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Rgds Gerhard

5 hours ago, Tore Stranden said:

OK, you can try update again in FTX Central.

In FSX version only - please check if the FSX root folder have a prepar3d.exe file (or similiar). If so, delete the file.

How can you do that? I have no option to install or uninstall the orbx libraries. They are just instralled.  The uninstall option is not select able and greyed out.

Thanks. I managed to reinstall the orbX libraries.

But it did not solve the problem. There is also no prepar3d.exe file in the root folder of FSX.

Are there any other options we could try to solve this?

So, since this addon is clearly not working for me, I would really like a refund OR an exchange. I think it is not fair that I paid, even though in sale, for a non-functional product.

Since I am very happy with the other orbx products, I would prefer an exchange over a refund.

The transaction ID 591395ba06027

I would prefer an exchange of the non-functional ENNK airport to ENSG Sogndal haukasen airport. They are exactly the same price.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Hello,

Given that this airport product is not defective,

there is no guarantee that another will work for you either.

You would be better advised to continue working with the developer

to find out why it does not work for you.

If you really want to ask for an exchange, please apply for this using the ticket system.

You can find it here

Correctly installed into a correctly installed copy of FSX with the Orbx libraries

and EU Norway, it looks like this.

2017-5-13_15-1-58-507.jpg

Hi, based on the pictures you posted its very clear that this is an objectflow problem not the Narvik scenery itself. You should try to solve this because you will probably experience missing buildings, objects etc in other sceneries to.

One possible solution: You can try to manually activate Objectflow by going to ...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and double clicking ModuleInstaller.exe (as administrator) and then restart the simulator.

If thats not helping, go to the AppData\Roaming\Orbx Systems\ObjectFlow module folder and post the contents of your ObjectFlow.log file.

Here are some similar problems solved earlier:

I have to agree with Nick and Tore,

I very recently purchased Narvik. You can see my screenshots in 'community screenshots' - look for Norway Part 1.

The scenery is great. You have a technical problem that needs sorting out. I suggest that you follow their advice :)

@Nick Cooper

I didn't meant that the airport was defective. I just meant that it was not functional for me (as can be seen from my screenshots). Andyour screenshot looks awesome. I will first follow the advise of Tore Stranden to attempt to solve this issue.

@Tore Stranden

I tried your advise to run the ModuleInstaller.exe ( as administrator). And this did not resolve it.

Here is the content of the ObjectFlow.log :

Module started: 2017-05-13 22:14:01.029
Module name: ObjectFlow.dll
FS type: 257
FS version: 10.0.62615.0
Module version: 1.0.15.3 / 1.0.15.3
Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

Placement XMLs found: 0

EDIT:

allright. I just checked the "date modified" on the Scenery.CFG files in both "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\" and "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX"

and it seems that, Although I only have FSX steam installed (and never ever installed FSX) I am using the Scenery.CFG file from "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX"

That means that the wrong Scenery.cfg file is used in objectflow.

Does this information help to solve this?

According to another topic you posted, I might have to run a " ModuleInstaller.bat" file, that @Ed Correia posted in a that post. I just wanna be sure if that is okay, before i actually do that. Thanks.

That may be the problem.  I don´t know what modulinstaller.bat does, so I'll hear with someone else.

Btw, this is how my ObjectFlow.log for FSX:SE looks like:

Module started: 2017-05-13 20:49:36.713
Module version: 1.0.15.3 / 1.0.15.3
Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Placement XMLs found: 8
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_general_Objectflow.xml  :  (89)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_grassNone_Objectflow.XML  :  (0)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_groundpolygon_Objectflow.xml  :  (10)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_linken_Objectflow.xml  :  (1)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_people_Objectflow.xml  :  (4)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_roadTrafficPlatforms_Objectflow.xml  :  (1)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_rwylight_Objectflow.xml  :  (4)
J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENNK\scenery\ennk_ships_Objectflow.xml  :  (4)

@Tore Stranden

Yes I think it is. The content of " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg " misses all of the ORBX and other stuff i have installed as well.

So i hope you can find the solution to make objectflow use the right scenery.CFG file. ( In my case , just like yours, it should be Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg )

Hello again,

You might try this topic to set up your FSX Steam Edition correctly.

Then run the moduleinstaller again.

It looks like , as Tore has said more than once, that objectflow is not installed.

It may well be installed to a dll.xml file that is not being read by your copy of FSX-SE.

@Tore Stranden

Allright. I did a dirty fix on this, based on the info we found.

I just copied the Scenery.cfg:

from

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

This is indeed a dirty fix, since I now have to do that every time when I add new scenery. But it's a simple fix, which doesn't involve a lot of effort.

ENNK is just looking stunning at very good performance. :P So thanks a lot for your assistance!

@Nick Cooper

Thanks for your solution. As you can see above, i did the dirty fix, which is sufficient for me at the moment. If i want to structurally fix it, i'll try your solution.

One thing though. I am pretty new to FSX. Many people who buy the orbx products might also be new. This means this is all not very logical. You expect that if you select the FSX steam edition in the OrbX install, that it just works without editing registry settings and all. 

Your guide is clear in the post you linked, so credits to that, and I have programmed and did a lot of administration on many platforms. So it's not a big deal to me. But it would be better if your dev team would fix this in the OrbX installer. It saves new users a lot of frustration and you guys a lot of support questions.

But, thanks for your time to help me out here!

And like said above, the content is awesome, also at very good performance. very happy with it :P

case closed! ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

FSX Steam Edition has always been a problem for FTX Central,

one of the reasons is that there are two ways for FSX-SE to be installed

and many other ways to damage the two correct ways.

Another is the failure to make clear in FTX Central that if FSX-SE is correctly

installed as the only FSX version, then from the point of view of the

registry, it is FSX and must be treated as such by FTX Central.

There have been a few attempts to correct this but as fast as one scenario is

catered for, another is created.

There is no single solution, each one depends on how FSX-SE was installed

and in some cases, how it was subsequently moved from one location to another.

Hi Nick, hi Tore,

as I experience the same issue on Narvik scenery, but also on some other ORBX sceneries (CAC8), please kindly check my Object flow log below. I have FSX installed but it gives a route to FSX-SE, which is not existing on my PC. How can I solve this problem

Module started: 2016-08-24 16:18:30.656
Module version: 1.0.10.3 / 1.0.10.1
Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

Placement XMLs found: 0

Thank you

Gerhard

Hello,

This

I just copied the Scenery.cfg:

from

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

This is indeed a dirty fix, since I now have to do that every time when I add new scenery. But it's a simple fix, which doesn't involve a lot of effort.

Or this

Archived