FTX AU Queensland Odd Tile

Captain Lars

Originally I thought it may be the seasonal water in P3D  .... but wait, its winter, not summer.

This got me very interested. It turns out to be a mine and processing dam.

sqr lake.jpg

sqr mine.jpg

Hm, to be honest, it looks like a misplaced tile of water, though I think you could be right with the mine.

Btw, is Australia really that green now in autumn/winter? I bought FTX AU just lately, taking advantage of the may sale, and I'm quite surprised how green large parts of western Queensland are depicted, and how sharp the boundaries between green and red parts of the countryside are.

Australia is not that green in that (and other) locations. There are no sharp boundaries either.

My view is that with limited scenery tiles available, it is too difficult to show a gradual vegetation change over many hundreds of miles, and difficult to show the multiple varying colours. However, there are sharp boundaries where vegetation can obtain puddled / underground water, and where ridges are (no water).

Others my disagree and I welcome further comments on this.

Thank you both for the information. Yes, I have had FTX Australia set in the control panel. Since I saw only one odd tile so far, and the many drawbacks of the temporary fix, I'll stick with the one odd tile for now.

At least I know now that I'm not the only one with an odd tile, and that my rendition of the landscape is as intended.

Cheers

Lars

Archived