Get an external HD?

paulb

Very recently, I had a problem with FSX. Not unusual when I read various post in this forum!

Anyway, to the point of my post.........................................

I have purchased a few external hard drives to back up my FSX drive. I do it every few months.

In the UK, one can purchase (for example) a 1TB HD connected via a USB port for about £50. Very cheap nowadays.

If you back up your FS drive regularly, then you will always have something that you can use for recovery.

It can -

Help you reinstall what you had previously.

I say "help" because FS files are also used on your operating system drive within Windows. So it is not a total solution.

Help protect you if all of your drives in your pc fails eg because of a motherboard problem or similar

and so on.

Having two external drives also helps protect you from a single external drive failure.

Anyway, just a suggestion that I thought that I would share :)

BTW, Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you Paul.

A very wise suggestion especially as my everyday PC cr*pped itself a few weeks ago without warning.

Lost a couple of things but nothing too important.

I have all my purchases and freeware  on 2 external drives. Makes life a bit easier when doing a re install, which I have done too many over time.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Happy Easter to you Paul.

A very wise suggestion especially as my everyday PC cr*pped itself a few weeks ago without warning.

Lost a couple of things but nothing too important.

I have all my purchases and freeware  on 2 external drives. Makes life a bit easier when doing a re install, which I have done too many over time.

Hi Martyn,

100% agree!

Frankly, nothing lost by purchasing an external HD or two. Not expensive nowadays and it could save days of frustration.

And yes............ Happy Easter! :D

Archived