Terrain Issue

Howdy,

I'm having an issue with P3D where there's water where land should be.. I'm using P3D V3.4 and I do have ORBX FTX global, vector & openLc Europe/North America so I'm currently unsure on what my issue could be!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. unfortunately I don't have any photos to provide to show you what I'm talking about

Cheers,
Clinton

Clinton, you will get much quicker support to your problem if you can post a pic showing exactly what the problem is.

if you don't know how then here is the link

If you don't know how to take a pic while in your sim then you press the V key. It should then place the pic in My Pics/Pics or an equivalent folder, automatically.

I also suggest you take a pic of your Scenery Library because it could well be a scenery library insertion point error.

Hello Clinton and Welcome, 

Try these steps,  If your Issue still persists maybe somebody else could help out here

-------------------

We will Refresh your terrain.cfg

Follow the steps in this order.   Insure you have the box Ticked for Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options to locate this file 

(1) Navigate to the below location and Move your terrain.cfg file out of this location onto your Desktop    

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  ► terrain.cfg

(2)  Launch Prepar3D to the Default location,  Then Shut it down. This will Generate a Default terrain.cfg 

(3)  Open your FTX Control Panel wait 10\15 seconds, Then Close it. This will Insert your Orbx terrain entries back into your terrain.cfg

(4)  Launch Prepar3D and test to see if the Issue is Gone\Still there ? 

Let us know how you get on 

18 hours ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Clinton and Welcome, 

Try these steps,  If your Issue still persists maybe somebody else could help out here

-------------------

We will Refresh your terrain.cfg

Follow the steps in this order.   Insure you have the box Ticked for Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options to locate this file 

(1) Navigate to the below location and Move your terrain.cfg file out of this location onto your Desktop    

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  ► terrain.cfg

(2)  Launch Prepar3D to the Default location,  Then Shut it down. This will Generate a Default terrain.cfg 

(3)  Open your FTX Control Panel wait 10\15 seconds, Then Close it. This will Insert your Orbx terrain entries back into your terrain.cfg

(4)  Launch Prepar3D and test to see if the Issue is Gone\Still there ? 

Let us know how you get on 

Elaine,

Hmmm by the looks of things your recommendations didn't work :( would you like a picture of my scenery library?

LKeuOYu.jpg here's a picture of my issue

Hi Clinton

Please try this.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. 

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Archived