OS9 Jefferson -- How to Open Hangar Door?

Slowlow

One evening a couple months ago I flew my A2A Piper Comanche from KFHR Friday Harbor to OS9 Jefferson County.  Upon landing I noticed the door to the hangar at the north end of the runway was open.  Before this flight, the hangar door has always been closed.  There is a car in the hangar, but I have no problem towing my Comanche in and parking it.  I saved the flight and use it as my Comanche home base.   Obviously the hangar door can be opened and closed.  My question is: How?  What is the procedure?

Thanks for the hint about object flow, Bruce.  You are probably right.  I've searched the internet high and low and tried every keyboard shortcut, radio freq, and nav freq that other designers have coded to open hangar doors, but none will manually trigger this door.  Luckily I've saved a flight with the door in the open position, so I can get my planes in and out.

Under FS9 it was possible to set up doors to operate by using a specific radio frequency but this was not continued in FSX so it is no longer possible to add this functionality to the hangers. It is possible to set them for particular times using Objectflow but user control is no longer possible.

Larry

Interesting idea Bullfox, I wonder if in the future one of the Orbx devs could find a way to attach opening hangar doors to the same Ctrl+J function of the moving Jetways. I wonder if it is within the FSX or P3D SDK to rework the Jetway for a new function.  It would probably require a model in 2 parts one static (hangar) and one movable (door/s) could be sliding, pivot, or roller.

On 4/10/2017 at 1:44 PM, Friedi Gulder said:

Hi Slowlow,

the white hangar on west end of field: open on wed, thurs, fri, sat of every week ;)

Thank you.  Thank everyone for your input.  I wonder if the FTX team could to look into what Bruce suggests is possible.  Hangar doors that open and close on command would be a great addition to any GA airfield.  I was slightly disappointed with OS9 until that hangar door opened.  I am quite pleased now that I have a hangar in which to park my plane.  If I could just open and close that door on command, I would be ecstatic.

Archived