Help with messed up trees

teecee

I have asked about this in another thread..No reply in several days, so I will try again.

Can any of the orbx scenery gurus tell me the name of the file that is responsible for the pale green trees? They appear all over Aus, but nowhere else.

I am fairly certain that this problem is self inflicted, and that I have overwritten a "default' Orbx tree but that is beside the point really.. If I can find the name of the file involved I would simply remove it, as I would sooner see the bare ground than these pale, European style trees. Thanks, Teecee.

PS: The shot, if you do not recognise it, is from The Gap over Alice Springs.

treeerrorinAus.jpg

I presume that you mean the first screenshot? Alice is just an example of the trees..I am not worried about the town..I see these pale green trees all across Aus, and want to solve that problem..The Alice thing I can fix later. Would you like to see an alternative screenshot? Teecee.

Oh, I didn't know that is was just an example. Hm, I'm not the expert but I would ask you to execute the troubleshooter to see if AU is migrated correctely. If everything is green (not your trees of course:)!) I would run the latest library to make sure that everything is right in the terrain.cfg. If there are errors seen after troubleshooting I would force the migration again; this is now possible via Central 3.

mfg Kai

Hi there,

instead of trying to hunt down individual corrupted files it'll probably a lot quicker to simply uninstall and then re-install FTX AU; especially, as others have pointed out, your screenshot shows plenty other issues as well, like multiple buildings in the same place, etc.

In FTX Central v3, there's an Uninstall button on the Oceania >  AU Australia page. Give it a minute or two after clicking that button for all AU files to be deleted in the background, then re-install AU either from a fresh download or -- if you have -- your backup copy of the current installer (v4.003).

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: I just noticed your other thread in the P3D Discussion forum; if you want attention from support staff you need to post here in the support forums; the subforum you posted in is just for general chat about P3D itself.

Thanks  Holger.. I have attempted to re DL the latest Aus a few times recently using Central v3  but get an error returned, so I am not prepared to lose the whole of Australia to sort this problem out until I can be sure of a new DL. I have a post re the error I am getting on Central,  and awaiting comment on that.. in the meantime I will live with the trees. Teecee.

Hi again,

if you keep getting download interruptions in FTX Central then I'd suggest using the external download option from the Orbx Direct Australia product page (under View Order Details) in conjunction with one of the many available download managers that automatically resume interrupted downloads; I use Free Download Manager v5.1. but others are available.

Instructions for how to use the manual download option are here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

Also see: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127947-if-you-have-a-backup-and-ftx-central-starts-to-download-again/

Cheers, Holger

Archived