Innsbruck Heliports

petakas

In the manual of Innsbruck it details the heliports with ICAO codes

LOJT LOIU LOJO and LOIN

I cannot find these ICAO codes in the Airports list so that I place my helicopter there.

Is there a map which can help me find the heliports ?

G'day Petakas, 

You are correct that there are no direct airport menu entries for our helipads - the co-ordinates for each can be found below: 

LOJO  47°15'18.05"N  11°20'43.75"E (this can be accessed via the LOWI Airport menu)

LOIN  47°18'31.00"N  11° 3'1.82"E

LOJT  47° 8'0.42"N  11°42'14.18"E

LOIU  47°15'39.65"N  11°23'5.43"E

Unnamed Landing Area:  47°22'32.16"N  11°44'42.54"E

You can also get a rough idea of locations from the user coverage map (in the LOWI User Guide), this has references to each location marked out. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

@Jarrad Marshall it does not help much in the flying part for someone unfamiliar with the area but thanks, its a starting point. I may make a route connecting all of them in my moving map software to follow the lines and find the heliports.

Let me take the opportunity to congratulate you for such an amazing quality of work.

@petfy thanks that would help, if you can do these afcads for the other 4 locations as well it would be great.

I assume I add them a a separate scenery without \Texture in a separate folder so that it does not intervene with ORBX updates.

Make a folder, then sub 2 folders called "scenery" and "texture", then put them in the scenery one.

Look at the other folders in the library to see what others have done.

And to the devs. How can I get a Helo to spawn at the hospital, as the attached afcad does not work?

LO11_ADEX_PF.BGL

Hi Petakas, the easiest way to use those co-ordinates is to load up your FSX/P3D default map, punch them in, and shift your aircraft position to their point - those co-ordinates I gave centre on the helipad for each location. Everything except for the Unnamed heliport will be very easy to spot from 2-3km away. 

Pefty - thank you for taking the time time to make up your APX file. It hasn't been my standard approach to worry about APX files for heliports in the past, however I'm not averse to it if demand is there. I would add in important caveat though - any unique APX for LOJO or LOIU is likely to cause problems with some users and setup configurations. LOJO, because we've discovered in the past that APX/ADE files that are very close to each other cause CTDs and issues for users with some navigation and multiplayer addons. LOIU, because starting location/helipad references that sit above ground level can cause terrain to "autocorrect" under certain conditions - we tested this extensively during KTEX development as this was an option I was looking at for a start-point feature. 90% of the time there is no trouble, but under some configurations it did cause unique problems, slightly different in FSX & P3D. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Despite what Jarrad said, LOJT is a cow of a place to find, but here it is.

My LO11 is the same as LOIU, but is a development version as I can not get a helo to spawn on the hospital helipad. Use LO11 purely as a navigation tool at the moment.

LOJT Cow.jpg

LOJT_ADEX_PF.BGL

LOIU has defeated me.

Best I can get is to raise the ground to the required level, and the helo spawns at that level, but it also raises the 3D building.

Looks like you'll just have to use LO11 as a navigation tool.

LO11 defeat.jpg

Archived