KSAN - Uninstalling Doesn't Work?

FalconAF

Haven't seen this mentioned, so.....

I purchased KSAN.  It installed fine using FTXC v3.1.0.2.  I have both NA OpenLC and NA_SCA installed and selected the NA_SCA option in the KSAN Control Panel. Started P3Dv3 and the new KSAN looked fine and had great performance on my new computer system.  However....

I closed P3Dv3 and went back to FTX Central and UNinstalled KSAN.  Now all hell has broken loose in the NA_SCA San Diego area when I run P3Dv3.  It appears the KSAN installer turns "OFF" numerous NA_SCA files concerning KSAN (like duplicate airport .BGL's, and some other "KSAN" area related files), but it now also appears that UNinstalling the KSAN airport using FTX Central does not turn those files back "On" (remove the "OFF" extension added to them). I've found several KSAN-related files in the FTX_NA_SCA_Scenery folder that were turned "OFF", and tried manually deleting the "OFF" extension added to them.  But apparently I'm not finding all the files that were "changed", possibly in other folders too.  I can not get BACK to an NA_SCA KSAN scenery that is not massively corrupted when displayed, AFTER uninstalling the new KSAN airport using FTX Central.

NOTE:  I tried reinstalling the new KSAN airport using FTX Central.  It worked fine and all the scenery looked great again.  Then tried Uninstalling the new KSAN airport AGAIN using FTX Central.  Same result as the first time.  The "original" NA_SCA KSAN area is massively corrupted after the "uninstall".  "Massively corrupted" means only parts of the runway being in the scenery, most of the airport buildings not there at all, other autogen and trees where the airport should be, surrounding landmasses/waterways/shorelines corrupted, etc. 

What am I missing?  How can I do an uninstall of the new KSAN airport and get BACK to having a working NA_SCA KSAN area without a corrupted KSAN airport and surrounding area?

Note 2:  I have already checked and there are no duplicate KSAN "AFCAD" files, etc.  I use Scruffy Duck's Airport Scanner religiously to research problems like this. I do NOT have VECTOR installed (even though I own it).  I use another third-party vector product, and have never experienced any problems in the past using it with ORBX sceneries.

Thanks for any assistance.

I've already reinstalled KSAN so I can have working scenery there.  Hesitant to try uninstalling it now using the "OpenLC" option in the control panel.  That might only compound any issues (if my NA_SCA KSAN files are already corrupted, no use risking corrupting the Open_LC files also).

I'm hoping Holger or someone can take a look at it and see if it's really an issue with the installer/uninstaller first.  And provide a recommended work-around for it for now (manually restoring files, whatever).  I can't see how it could be an issue that would only apply to my install/uninstall of it, but ya never know. 

As an add to the above, just un-checking the ORBX KSAN entry added to the P3Dv3 Scenery Library doesn't work either, so I have to assume there are OTHER files/folders that are being affected besides just the files in the new KSAN folder and the NA_SCA_Scenery folder.  Because if my manual change to the "OFF" KSAN files in the NA_SCA folder doesn't fix the problem, then there have to be other files/folders involved.

I'm telling you how to turn those files back on buy doing what I described. There are other ORBX products that have the same behavior when un installing them and not turning files back on. As told to me by the developer of KSAN is that when you have ticked the ORBX SoCal mode it completely removes all files related to the KSAN area in ORBX SoCal scenery. So when you uninstalled it it didn't turn them back on. So the easiest way to fix that is by doing what I said.  You can wait for a official response if you want.

2 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

is normal, when you set in the CP "compatibility mode to SOCAL" completely remove SOCAL ksan photoscenery and everything related SOCAL ksan objects. The scenery is not based on SOCAL, the scenery has its photoreal.

Well, OK I'll try it.  I was looking for "official" support about a possible problem.  When you said, "Just on a hunch..." that implies that you yourself wouldn't be sure if it would fix the issue.  No harm, no foul.  But I never saw Matteo's quote you posted above until now.

Thanks for your "hunch" clarification.

• 6 months later...

Archived