KSAN scenery area, KNZY & KNRS changes?

Matt McGee

The new KSAN airport scenery looks pretty nice.

I see that KNZY- NAS North Island and KNRS- NOLF Imperial Beach are both within KSAN's photo-real coverage area, but there is no mention of them in the KSAN product description.

Do KNZY & KNRS get upgraded from what they look like with just the Orbx SCA region installed?  

Or are they unchanged except for the new photo-real starting at their field boundaries?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Hi Matt,

Good question - and one I've been trying to get answered as well - for all the airports in the new products coverage area (Montgomery, Gillespie, Browns)...

;)

The two fields you mentioned I used to visit quite frequently back in the 90's as a defense contractor running a portion of the SCORE facility on San Clemente Island... Used to ride Convair 440's (that were very old even back then) out to SCI from NAS North Island... Fun place to live and work...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

I went through the SH-60B FRS at NASNI back in 94.  Lots of flying down to I.B. plus a bit of time on the range and a few times out to San Clemente.

When I eventually switched to the C-9B, NASNI was a regular stop.  We'd occasionally stop at San Clemente to top off our fuel before flying to Hawaii.  Every drop counted when flying one of our old DC-9s or C-9Bs to Hawaii!  The C-40 guys today have it easy.

I still haven't found out anything about whether the KSAN scenery updates North Island or NOLF I.B. in any way.

Hi Folks,

Hah - nice pix...

Hi Mat,

Seems we were on opposite sides of the fence for a time - you were ASW and I rode submarines - which kind of set me up for my defense contracting gig... We lived on San Clemente all week and sometimes the weekends too - had to find things to keep us busy and out of the bar when we weren't doing ops... I was a runner back then and I'd stop at the airfield often just to watch the planes and helicopters... Where else in SOCAL can you go for a 10 mile run on the beach and never see another sole - although - once in a while I'd come across some SEALs going through "Hell Week" - poor bastards...

As for your question - sorry - I think I hear the crickets chirping - LOL...

Regards,

Scott 

Archived