Scenery view issues

tdennis73

Hi,

I tried searching for this issue in previous posts but I couldn't find any.  

Windows 10 64bit

Nvidia GTX 1080 8gig dedicated RAM

i7 7700 4.2ghz processor

16gig RAM

I am aware that most blurry scenery can quite possibly never be completely fixed however, with a high end processor and the latest 1080 GTX video card I expected better than what I am seeing. In the top down view the scenery is like google earth quality only a 100 times better.  Then I switch to spot view and I get like FS2002/04 quality?  What am I doing wrong?

FTX Global Base Pack

FTX Global Vector

FTXGlobal openLC Europe

FTXGlobal openLC North America

FTX Global Trees HD

EU England

EU Germany North

EU Ireland

EU Northern Ireland

NA Central Rockies

NA Northern California

NA Northern Rockies

NA Pacific Northwest

NA Southern California

AI Traffic North America General Aviation

FTX Global NA Airport Pack

FTX Global Lights Configurator

FTX Global EU Airport Pack

ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airport

These are what I have purchased from ORBX I bought a brand new computer with the above specs 7 days ago and every scenery was installed on a brand new HDD.  All drivers are current so I don't know what else could be causing the issues. I included two pictures to see what I am talking about.

Thank you,

Tom Dennis

1a.jpg

2b.jpg

Hi,
You have to check your hardware specs to see if your motherboard has an embedded graphic chipset with low performance. By default, FSX often switch on it to display instead of using the nvidia card.

Ignore the Vector update, it is an error and you should be at v1.45.

Regarding your blurries problem, would you attach a pick of your scenery library as it is possible your layering maybe in error. I doubt it, but we could check that as well. Richard has a point regarding the possibility of a duplicate GPU, so is your new PC a Laptop or desktop? a desktop would probably not have an inbuilt GPU but you never know.

Since it is a new computer you must have reinstalled all your FTX addons I assume. Did you do the complete procedure? That is, Installed via central 3 or from backups? Did you then install orbxlibs latest version? Did you run the Migration process? Did you use the Library Insertion tool in Central 3 to place FTX and OLC etc?

Hi first of all thank you for the help. I installed everything fresh re downloading the files for the addons I bought I dint use the zip files that I have downloaded on my last computer so everything installs OK.  I used Central 3 for the downloads and installation.  I used the vector elevation tool each time I added a new airport as per the manual.

Scenery Library 1.jpg

Scenery Library 2.jpg

Scenery Library 3.jpg

Scenery Library 4.jpg

Scenery Library 5.jpg

Scenery Library 6.jpg

Scenery Library 7.jpg

You should go to the insertion point tool on the settings page of FTX Central.

You will find there, the means to place two things in your scenery library.

Place the FTX just below addon scenery and click on save.

Then place the OLC just below the FTX and click on save.

Hi Nick,

I did as you suggested but didn't see any improvement if there was any at all it wasn't noticeable by me. What about the camera cfg?  Would that have anything to do with the sub par textures in spot view? I tried lock spot view and I actually noticed a little improvement.  So it got me thinking should i explore the camera settings what ever they might be?

Thank you

Archived