CYYC Tile Mismatch

I was doing a VFR flight out of CYYC with Open LC NRM + Global + Vector and it appears there are terrain tile mistmatches off to the west of the airport.  I have attempted another force migration + bumped up terrain mesh settings + and troubleshooted with removing Vector.  No luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aaron

oWUP8uI.jpg

Hi Aaron,

I don't think you have a problem at all. (Circled below)

If you take a look in GE for that location, there is a very similar shaped area as that exact position in your picture.  Perhaps the scenery is not an exact PR match but it does somewhat resemble the real area west of  CYYC Calgary Int'l

5ca97183112984b55e2a347a10c70805.jpg

My Pleasure Aaron,

Just though I'd ease your mind, no need to chase your installation / Orbx migration looking for this one. Orbx paints a pretty good comparison to GE in most cases.

Vector and OLC don't even come into the picture where Full fat regions are concerned (Regions are fully customised). Always use 5m Mesh resolution you can't go wrong, most Full fat regions have custom mesh.

It is so cool that you can refer to Google maps and see the area in Flight Simulator and P3D as it is in real life. We are living in a fantastic time of technology. It's a lot better than the old days when the flight simulators were cartoonish. Now it so real, it's like being there. Awesome!

Archived