FTX Global Lights

SamRothstein702

Hello,

I currently own the following FTX Global, Europe, North America, Vector, England, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Wales, Central Rockies, Northern Cali, Northern Rockies, Pacific North West and about 6 or 7 airports.

I only say that to let you know I'm a great (and very happy) customer.  I just recently noticed that most, if not all of my runway lights are all hovering a several feet off of the ground in an unrealistic manner.  I only just noticed because I don't fly at night as much as I fly during the day.  Has anybody encountered this before?  

Hi there,

the thing is that we don't alter the evelation of the runway lights (not sure how one would actually go about doing that) so it's not anything related to Orbx products. For example, the Airport Design Editor tool allows one to activate or deactivate different types of runway and taxiway lighting but there are no options to influence their vertical placement. 

You didn't state whether you're using FSX or P3D. With P3D there's an issue with light offsets at airports located at high latitudes and/or high elevations. I'm not sure whether this has been addressed yet by Lockheed-Martin: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89165-floating-runway-lights/

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger.  I fly FSX-Steam and I just noticed this recently.  I don't regularly fly at night, but next time I fly I will try it a few various airports.  It's just strange that airport lights appear to be "hovering" above the ground.  Very unrealistic.  I cant say for sure that it is because of FTX Global Lights because like I said I don't fly a lot at night anyway.

I will do some more testing and report back.

Me again,

just to clarify: the runway and apron lights at airports are default code and effects and not part of the FTX Global lighting system; the latter are the road, parking lot, and traffic lights you see on the surrounding urban landclass textures.

The only exemption would be at some of the Orbx payware airports, as they place custom runway and taxiway lighting systems. Thus, if you have an issue at one of your payware airports then please post specifics, ideally with screenshots.

Cheers, Holger

Sam,

I did experience that awhile ago, unfortunately I do not remember how I corrected it. I think it was by changing the AEC setting for that airport but may have been by disabling my third party mesh. In my case it was KBJC. Is this occuring at all of your airports or just one? I have not gotten around to setting up the Global FTX Lights yet so you may be experiencing something different than I was.

Ted   

On 2/23/2017 at 10:20 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Me again,

just to clarify: the runway and apron lights at airports are default code and effects and not part of the FTX Global lighting system; the latter are the road, parking lot, and traffic lights you see on the surrounding urban landclass textures.

The only exemption would be at some of the Orbx payware airports, as they place custom runway and taxiway lighting systems. Thus, if you have an issue at one of your payware airports then please post specifics, ideally with screenshots.

Cheers, Holger

Ya my issues are definitely not in the urban areas, they are on the runways and taxi aprons.  I'm not exactly sure where the problem is coming form then.  I'm not exactly sure what it is really, like i said i dont even fly at night all that much.

Archived