Flat Areas of Autogen after Orbx products Installed

36 minutes ago, Scoombs27 said:

Another note, I just tried to install FTX NA Airport Pack and I now have an FTX_GLOBAL folder under Orbx.  The only thing under there is FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS though.

Now that I am at home looking at my folders....I was incorrect, global base does not install the global folder....but regardless you still have nothing installed, but FTXC3 says you do lol

Ok, I just found something.  In FTX Central, the "openLC entries should inserted below:" was set to "Prepar3D Scenery".  Where should this be?  I set it to "FTX" and now my scenery is spotty everywhere but at least I see the Orbx items on the list now.  All except Global Base.

It also looks like I'm running the same version of .Net as you.

O38uAMW.jpg

rsVc2h5.jpg

ttFji49.jpg

Navigate to the P3D installation folder, right click, Properties, General Tab,  remove blue Bullet from Read only attributes, click apply, make sure Folders Subfolders and files is selected, then click OK to run, on completion click OK to close the Properties dialog.

5 minutes ago, Scoombs27 said:

I unchecked it, clicked apply and when I look at it again it's checked again.

That's OK, it's a normal fail safe thing.  just try reinstalling Global.  Then scroll down your scenery library list and look for the vector entries, there should be five about half way and a sixth entry second or third from the bottom

I do see the vector entries, that's what gave me the messed up screen shot above.

The vector entries appeared after I moved the insertion point up.

I will try reinstalling again anyway in a couple hours when I get back to my pic.

9 hours ago, Scoombs27 said:

uoyb8YN.jpg

You would not expect to see an FTX_GLOBAL folder if only FTX Global Base is installed.

More importantly, you have no ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder and therefore no Orbx libraries.

Please download or use FTX Central to install them.

Ok, I think I'm in business!!!!!!  After Clearing the Read Only check on the Orbx folder I uninstalled and reinstalled everything including the Orbx Library Update, it looks like it's working now!!!  The only thing that adds the FTX_Global folder is NA Airport Pack though.  FTX Global Base does not seem to add that folder.

Here is my view now at that same location:

ybnPnWx.jpg

My Orbx folder looks like this now:

ahrWRsH.jpg

Doug, thanks for all the help and sticking with me on this one!!  Nick, I do see the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder as well now. 

This was a long road but I think we got it, thanks again!!

Archived