morphing ground textures - Australia only - Orbx only

sightseer

ever since the migration I have had morphing textures in Australia.  it appears to be only in AU and only on the east coast ( I haven't checked the whole continent but I fly around Melbourne and it always looks fine.  Canberra seems fine. towards YWOL is fine from Canberra but if I go north toward Sydney, Ill have problems and this screenshot was taken between YCNK and YWVA.

2017-1-28_11-43-1-302.jpg

I've followed advice in the past concerning corrupt cfg files but that doesn't seem to solve it.  are there any other ideas?

and also - concerning the Melbourne area - I seem to recall that YMMB may have this issue as well.

also - currently on this forum there seems no way to get to these support forums other than a link I found in one of the stickied threads in General Discussion.  I made a post there.

thanks.

I have reported these same things in the Central NSW East Coast area and followed all the "morphing" suggestions. All to no avail. One gets a suggestion or two from ORBX then it just dies. Lots of us have these issues but nobody seems to care at ORBX. I am a very loyal supporter of this company but support is not their strongest suite. Luckily most of the ORBX stuff is very good but I still have issues that get my dander up.

Good luck, I hope someone gives you a solution that might also help me. Do not hold your breath though.

Bernie

To Bernie Flyer

Have you tried re-installing Australia from your DVD copy?

There is nothing to prevent you from doing this and if you have SP4, you have the most up

to date version.

We try very hard to offer support for everyone's problems but there are a limited number of

potential solutions and you have had all of them suggested to you.

While I understand your frustration, on a human level, posting that we are useless and that

we don't care is unlikely to motivate anyone to go the extra mile to help you out.

On 2017-02-03 at 2:58 PM, sightseer said:

ever since the migration I have had morphing textures in Australia.  it appears to be only in AU and only on the east coast ( I haven't checked the whole continent but I fly around Melbourne and it always looks fine.  Canberra seems fine. towards YWOL is fine from Canberra but if I go north toward Sydney, Ill have problems and this screenshot was taken between YCNK and YWVA.

2017-1-28_11-43-1-302.jpg

I've followed advice in the past concerning corrupt cfg files but that doesn't seem to solve it.  are there any other ideas?

and also - concerning the Melbourne area - I seem to recall that YMMB may have this issue as well.

also - currently on this forum there seems no way to get to these support forums other than a link I found in one of the stickied threads in General Discussion.  I made a post there.

thanks.

Hi, 

Could you please run the migration trouble shooter and post the results here?

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Have you tried re-installing Australia from your DVD copy?

there is nothing to prevent you from doing this and if you have SP4, you have the most up

to date version.

We try very hard to offer support for everyone's problems but there are a limited number of

potential solutions and you have had all of them suggested to you.

While I understand your frustration, on a human level, posting that we are useless and that

we don't care is unlikely to motivate anyone to go the extra mile to help you out.

You're talking to Bernie, right?  Because Ive never suggested anyone at Orbx was useless or didn't care.  But you should know that when you are seeking help and either no one responds at all or it takes several days to even be acknowledged, it can leave a bitter taste in ones mouth.  I very rarely ask for support because usually what bothers me doesn't bother me enough to worry about it but when it stops me from enjoying my purchases, I felt I needed some help.  I haven't read a single one of Bernies requests for help but I know how I feel on the subject and I tend to agree with him.  I know you guys are doing your best.  In my case, I always appreciate an acknowledgment of my situation. It doesn't have to be solved right away.  It just feels better to be acknowledged.

Maybe I shouldn't ask for help on a weekend.

56 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Doug - I ran the migration checker and it said something about 5 files missing and 3 files with invalid hashtags or something but then it generated a very long list of missing files.

here:

migration_missing.txt

Ok, there is a force migration function added to the new FTXC, please run it and recheck with the trouble shooter, but this time please post an image of the trouble shooter results along with any .txt report.

2 hours ago, sightseer said:

You're talking to Bernie, right?  Because Ive never suggested anyone at Orbx was useless or didn't care.  But you should know that when you are seeking help and either no one responds at all or it takes several days to even be acknowledged, it can leave a bitter taste in ones mouth.  I very rarely ask for support because usually what bothers me doesn't bother me enough to worry about it but when it stops me from enjoying my purchases, I felt I needed some help.  I haven't read a single one of Bernies requests for help but I know how I feel on the subject and I tend to agree with him.  I know you guys are doing your best.  In my case, I always appreciate an acknowledgment of my situation. It doesn't have to be solved right away.  It just feels better to be acknowledged.

Maybe I shouldn't ask for help on a weekend.

Since you didn't write the things that were written by Bernie Flyer and my

post addressed them specifically, I am surprised that you should think

that any of my comments were directed at you.

None of us is perfect and sometimes topics can be overlooked.

I am sorry that this one was.

When this does happen, there remains the search function.

Entering "morphing ground textures" produces your topic and 45 further results,

many on the subject of Australia.

A read of some of them might have been helpful, might still be in fact.

Hi Nick

I apologise to you on this. I am frustrated with this issue and I have re-loaded the DVD and updated to SP4. I was somewhat stirred up with this problem and seem to have tried everything but there was no need for me to bad mouth you guys. Once again I apologise.

Regards

Bernie

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ok, there is a force migration function added to the new FTXC, please run it and recheck with the trouble shooter, but this time please post an image of the trouble shooter results along with any .txt report.

Doug - thanks for your help.

I updated to the latest FTXCentral and ran the Force Migration tool and then flew over the trouble spots between YCNK and YWOL and also at YMMB and it appears to be fixed now.  If I have more problems Ill post again if I cant solve them on my own.

Archived