Port Alsworth, TPO...Trees!

donbrindles

Just made my first flight from Anchorage to Port Alsworth - TPO. Great flight...until I got to TPO...runway is in the middle of a forest! herewith some screenies.

I think TPO is in OLCNA coverage area. Any chance of getting the offending trees cleared from the runway?approach?

Thanks, Don

Google Earth.JPG

TPO1.JPG

TPO2.JPG

TPO3.JPG

Thanks Nick. I did a search and found a post on the same topic around a year ago. You responded then, saying that you had, or would, pass a note to the developer. However, the issue is still there..and NA OLC is of course not freeware,

Regards, Don

Hello Don,

Yes, I did that and once again, this is the forum where it should be picked up.

Instead, I'll move this topic to the payware support forum where it might attract

more attention.

This is not the only airfield to be affected in this way, though it may well qualify as

the most remote.

Fixes have been supplied for some of the larger ones.

On 30/01/2017 at 4:52 PM, donbrindles said:

Just made my first flight from Anchorage to Port Alsworth - TPO. Great flight...until I got to TPO...runway is in the middle of a forest! herewith some screenies.

I think TPO is in OLCNA coverage area. Any chance of getting the offending trees cleared from the runway?approach?

Thanks, Don

Google Earth.JPG

TPO1.JPG

TPO2.JPG

TPO3.JPG

Nick Cooper has been as helpful as he can be on this. Any chance an OLC developer can tell me if this problem id likely to be patched - I'd be grateful.

Thanks, Don

Archived