Snow/Dry land. Problem?

B.M.MC

Hi there,

without knowing where those screenshots were taken we can't double-check on our side but it looks to me like what's discussed in this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86437-season-transition-problems/

The blend masking between adjacent ground texture tiles are working correctly -- at least in those screenshots -- as they still follow the outlines of those straight-edged fields, similar to the ones in the screenshots in the thread I linked to.

Cheers, Holger

I think what your are seeing is the same as me. The Orbx textures have accurate mask that go exactly around field edges. This looks great in all situations except where snow transitions to dry land, where there is no fuzzy blending of white to land.

You see alot more fuzzy blending with default textures, I think because there is more land textures default to a fuzzy mask as they have no mask of their own. It's a bit drab most of the year, but actually looks good where snow ends.

Just wanted to post here to save you hours of trying to figure out a problem that you don't actually have. Orbx could do fuzzy masks for snowy blending, but then when there is no snow it will look all mushy at field edges.

Archived