Vector Global Config Tool

Orbx45

Hi Guys,

I am trying to update to version 3 central.  All is well but I can not run my Vector Global Config Tool. It is version 1.40.  I see that there is version 1.45.  Do I need to update that to get it to work?

I have mountains in the heart of palm springs and that can't be right.. lol

Thanks

Hi Doug..

I guess it would help to tell you want is going on.   I was updating my vector to the latest version 1.45.  I current had 1.40.  When I tried to run the airport configuration option in the vector configuration icon,  I get an error message.  Palm Springs had mountains and I need to fix it.   I am currently downloading 1.45 in FTX central v 3.  Anything I need to do to fix this while its downloading? 

Jason

Hi Doug,

I was able to get it to work.  Once I downloaded the new updated version, I ran the elevation without any problems in the control panel version 3.

Also, in KPSP, the stock is freaking out. It is blury all the time.  Any ideas to fix that?

Also,  I am having a serious FPS issue between KPSP and Jacqueline Cochron Regl.  I would fly to and back and my fps would be around 30.  There is a spot that my PC just hits fps issues.  Goes from 30 to 2.5.  It is only in that area.  So bad that I have to get out of fsx.  Does not matter which plane I use too.  Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks

Hi

I am having a similar problem running the FTX Vector Elevation Correction Tool in FTX Central for FSX v3.0.2.2 following downloading and installing the latest version of FTX Global Vector today.  Trying to run the tool in FTX Central, it gives an unhandled exception error details of which are shown below.

There already is a a FTX Vector Configuration Tool version 1.40 which I used to use with Central v2.

How can I get this feature working again?  Many thanks Tony

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.Aec_AutoBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FtxVector.Configurator
    Assembly Version: 1.35.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.35.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/FSX/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX%20GLOBAL%20VECTOR%20Configuration%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hello,

This can result from files being added without Vector being reset to default

after the Vector control panel has been used.

The only reliable option is to delete the FTX_VECTOR folder

and re-install the whole product.

Save a profile of your settings first.

Then apply any updates before you do anything with the control panel.

Hello Nick

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Apologies in advance for this question but when you say "re-install the whole product" do you mean FTX_VECTOR or all the other products I have purchased as well as FTX GLOBAL, Base Pack & openLCEurope, EU England, EU Airport Pack (Freeware), ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airportl?  In other words a clean install, after saving my settings.

I presume that before deleting any FTX scenery I will have to delete the relevent entries in the FSX Scenery Library first?

For information, I purchased FTX GLOBAL, Base Pack & openLCEurope, EU England and FTX Vector from the Flightsim Store on CD's in 2014/15.

Further guidance on the process would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Tony

Hello,

I mean only FTX Vector.

The idea is to delete only the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder and then re-install only the FTX_VECTOR product.

There is no need to delete anything from the scenery library.

Before you run the Vector Control panel, add all the updates to Vector.

What I did was download the updated version in FTX3.  I also uninstalled vector in FTX3 that was not working.   Once I uninstalled, I made sure that any FTX 2 icons were deleted too.  Once vector was downloaded in FTX3,  I ran the control panel and was able to do the elevation from that point. 

Uninstall Vector in FTX3

Delete any Vector Icons

Download a fresh copy of Vector in FTX3

Go into the Control Panel and Run the Auto Elevation correct from there.

It worked for me.

Hi Orbx45

Many thanks for the information which I hope will help me get the set up of ORBX working properly again following upgrading to FTX Central v3 and installing the latest updates for Global Base, open LCEurope, Global Vector, EU England, etc.

Everything including Addon Sceneries worked great under Central v2 but now it's a mess.  Addon payware airport sceneries have been corrupted with a change of the majority of ORBX files being moved to the top of the FSX scenery library after downloading FTX Central v3. (Addon airport sceneries used to be at the top of the sceneries library). By way of examples,  EGCC runways have reverted from 23R to 24R and from 05L to 06L.  Taxiway signs now appear in the middle of the taxiways. Runway markings and lights are no longer there. Gate numbers are incorrect and incomplete.  The UK2000 scenery for both EGCC and EGGP now has a mixture of generic and realistic terminal buildings and jetways. I haven't yet checked other European Airports but I suspect to find similar problems.. I could do with finding some answers to these problems.

Thanks again and wishing you a Happy New Year!

That is an impressive change in the focus of this topic.

FTX Central v3 has the same insertion point tool as FTX Central v2, on its settings page.

Just as in FTX Central v2, if you do not set the insertion points to where you want them,

the FTX and OLC entries will not be in the right place.

Just as in FTX Central v2, the FTX entries should be below all your other addon scenery

and the OLC entries should be below the FTX entries.

The list of new errors that you ascribe to FTX Central are, I think, the direct result of your

not having set the insertion points.

Hello Nick

Happy New Year. Thank you for the information regarding insertion points which I was not aware of in FTX Central v3. I am still finding my way around v3.  On the original issue, I have had success in following your instructions with regard to Vector, so many thanks for that.

On 1/1/2017 at 0:51 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Just as in FTX Central v2, the FTX entries should be below all your other addon scenery

and the OLC entries should be below the FTX entries.

Nick, I'm a little bit confused here... Reading pp.8-9 of FTX Global Vector User Guide, I understand that Vector data should be above OpenLC entries in Scenery Library while in the actual library it's the opposite. See below:

[Area.002]
Title=Default Scenery

Layer=002 

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Layer=003

[Area.004]
Title=0000 Base
Layer=004

This is followed by 5 more Vector entries sandwiched between Title=1107 Base and Title=Africa and only then come OpenLC entries (towards the top of Scenery Library).

So, where do Vector entries need to be - below or above OpenLC entries in scenery library? Thanks!!!

Archived