KBHB Bar Harbor NA Freeware and Payware conflicts

Stewart Hobson

I bought and installed the payware version of KBHB yesterday, but immediately noted that the freeware version and the payware versions were in conflict.  I turned "off" the three .bgls in the FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\scenery folder and this solved the problem.  Shouldn't the payware KBHB installer have done this automatically?

I was wondering the same thing. I think if you uninstall global airports and then re install it fixes the issue but if you have global airports installed before then there are conflicts. I had a similar issue with SC as some of the airports that come with that package are also included in the global airport pack. I was getting double objects and two headed people, as soon as I disabled the freeware global airports in that area all was fine.

Thanks for the reports,

This came up shortly after FTX Central was updated to version 3 in November, and Ed tweaked the installer to delete the files, but we have received some new reports that this is not working. I have dropped a note to have this looked at when Ed is back in office.

As this kind of issue may happen in the future, it would be saffier to move the scenery  entry for freeware airports at the bottom of the airport scenery list, changing the title to something like zz_Global_airport, as it has recently done for Base, renamed to z_Base...

Just a suggestion for the future.

Archived