Urgent Help Required Please - Australia SP3 (Unable to load) Missing registry Key !

Plugger69

Hello Flight Simmers,

After being away for 12 months and deciding to come back and upgrade with a new PC that is the Shizz, I re-downloaded FSX Deluxe and Accelerator pack from my original DVD's and it all installed on my new machine. When I then activated the on-line activation for my product, I put the key in and it said your product is now activated in so many words but I will get back to that shortly. I have also successfully installed both Global and Vector.

After the install of FSX Deluxe and Accelerator, I decided that I then wanted to install Australia the full terrain experience SP3 that included Coffs Harbour but when I put the CD in, the missing fsx registry dialogue box came up as in one of the attached pics. 

Doing some reading on the matter I came across the following link that I was told should fix the matter:

http://www.flight1software.com/files...try_Repair.exe

however after several attempts and following the instructions to a tee,it was as useless as you know what on a bull !

I deleted and re-installed FSX 3 times all to no avail and the repair option didn't fix the issue either.

I have spent 7 hours trying to rectify this issue and after spending upwards of $5K on a new PC purely to get back into flight sim and start to purchase more ORBX products, I am gutted right now..:-(

that said, when I re-entered FSX after each installation after shutting it down, even though during installation it said activation was successful, I then started to get the product activation error and I am wondering if this might be the issue ?

I am sure that there has to be a way around this issue somehow but I have spent 7 hours at it now, its past midnight and I'm stuffed.

To come back after 12 months away from flight sim x and to purchase a new machine worth $5K and for this to happen, I am gutted, can anyone help please, I want to get this to work.

As for the SP3 not working, is there another product like it as in SP4 or something that I could get a download link provided for it to work ?...I'm just throwing all options out there right now as I'm desperate.

The weird thing here is that my Brisbane International Airport Scenery pack installed without an issue.

I have a Windows 10 new PC if that is of any assistance.

Cheers,

Chris

FSX Registry.jpg

Product Activation Error.jpg

Thats a very Techy question which im sure someone will be able to help you with, a reply might be a bit slow.  On a lighter note maybe its your new $5k machine way of telling you to forget about FSX as your doing a complete fresh install and treat yourself to P3D instead and build your system around that.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick way out there question, would purchasing the STEAM edition of FSX make any difference to my situation as mentioned above ? and does a STEAM edition come with the accelerator pack as well ?. Is the STEAM edition of FSX compatible with FTX Global and Vector ?

Without SP3 Australia installed, the graphics are shite !

I'm open to anything right now.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Plugger69,

The registry repair.exe you refered to is a Flight1 software file, there is a registry repair file within Orbx, a forum search will locate it, that should do the job.

Make a note of the folder where you have installed FSX, and point the Registry repair to that.

FSX Steam will not make any difference to your situation.

What was detailed in the Quick_Install_Guide on the DVD as per your 1st pic ?

Smudger.

Chris,

I googled that error and came up with the same solution a couple of times. It will involve you editing the registry by hand, but nothing to worry about there if you make a backup first (anyway, as things stand you can't do much worse!)

Have a read of this post and follow the steps in post #5, look also at post #9 before you do anything.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/102416-Acceleration-activation-in-Windows-10-not-working

But as jd_jay said, if you have a spanking new $5k rig, I'd be looking to spend the extra 60 bucks and go with P3Dv3.4 - it's miles ahead of FSX.

Good lock

Jack

Hello Chris,

1. The product activation error code solution is readily available on the internet.

Here is one link to the solution.

2. If for some reason you cannot successfully apply the solution,

please use the FSX Registry Utility from this page.

It is neither the Flight 1 tool nor the Orbx tool.

It has so far defeated all but two efforts to make it fail.

Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated.

I have tried every suggestion, even the fsx registry tweak that Nick posted the link for and its still a no go. The product activation fix IO tried the link Nick posted as well and a few other but all to no avail.

I am now at my wits end pulling my hair out.

I am now going to uninstall FSX again and re-do everything from the start and if I run intot he same issues again, I am going to take it back to tech guru old mate at the shop and see if he can help.

I never thought this would be so difficult !

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Guys,

I have now completely uninstalled for the 2nd time, everything FSX Deluxe and Accelerator pack along with ALL ORBX products being Global and Vector and I am trying a different approach with the fresh install.

I have started by simply installing FSX Deluxe and I got to the product activation screen and put in my key and as one of the images attached shows, it has been successfully activated and when I went into the base version of FSX, I went to the home screen and all options were there even multiplayer although I am aware that there is no multiplayer with gamespy anymore.

I have just installed FSX Global Base and will test every install one by one and see how I go and will report back.

Cheers,

Chris

FSX Confirmed Activation.jpg

FSX Home.jpg

Hi Again Guys,

Well, my joy was very short lived...:-(

After installing FSX deluxe followed by FTX Global Base and then Vector,I tried to install FTX Australia SP3 and got the same message as below....:-(

I am gutted right now and would dearly love for someone to provide me witha step by step instruction on how to fix this issue please..

I still haven't installed Acceleration as yet and wonder if this might be an issue ? although it was installed previously before I deleted it and I still got the same message.

Cheers,

Chris

FSX Registry.jpg

I had a look at the quick install guide of FTX Australia SP3 and found the following regards windows registry key:

FTX AUSTRALIA SP3 REQUIRES THAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X HAS A WINDOWS REGISTRY KEY 

If you installed your copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X from the original DVDs, then the Microsoft installer  will automatically write a 'key' into your Windows Registry which contains the location of where you chose to install FSX. This information is used by both Microsoft and third party applications (like Orbx) to automatically  discover where FSX is located. In some cases this Windows Registry key is missing, when for example, you may have moved your FSX installation from one drive to another. If this is the case, the Orbx FTX installer and applications will fail to complete correctly. Visit http://fullterrain.com/registry to find a solution.

The issue is that the link http://fullterrain.com/registry is no longer active.

I'm open to all suggestions guys.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Guys,

Further news, I at least am getting somewhere. I have managed to also now at least and finally get the Accelerator pack activated thru clicking on fsx in its file path and running compatibility mode and the activation box for accelerator came up and I was able to register the product.

I still am unable to get SP3 Australia to load, and still get that error message so I am now taking the PC back to the shop and getting garry guru to get it working for me with any luck.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived