Elevation Holes Back Again At PAVD after running FTX Central 3

fisheye

Well after fixing all of my elevation errors and flying all morning I decided to check for airport updates in FTX Central 3.  Not finding any I closed out FTX Central 3 and restarted FSX.  It showed that it was reloading the Scenery Library and then started FSX.  My default airport is PAVD and I started it for a flight.  Low and behold my airplane, the default Lear 45, was sitting in a hole in front of the hanger.  FTX Central 3 has screwed up my scenery again.  I even went into the configuration in central to control the listing order of scenery in the library but that didn't help.  I checked for the previous fix again in the World/Scenery/scenery library expecting to see the .OFF back on the elevation file but no such luck.  Now I have to figure it all our again.  Bummer...  This needs to be fixed for sure.  fisheye

Fortunately I saved a copy of my Scenery Library file and reinstalled it after FTX Central 3 had automatically changed it.  This fixed my elevation issues and now everything is back to normal.  However this is something that Orbx should make an option and not automatic for FTX Central 3 upon exit.  Here are a couple of screenshots of before and after what happened.  The file that was removed at the bottom of the library was the one called FTXGlobalVector.AEC  and also the top four files were moved to the top of the library above my scenery files I put above the Orbx files on the list.  I am not sure just what changed the elevations but something did but now I have put it back where I had them before opening FTX Central 3 to check for updates for my airports.  Not a good thing to happen automatically.  fisheye

PS The Forum would not let me post pictures of before, during, and after of this issue.  It said even though they were small that I only had 30kb available to upload for some reason.  There are three under 80kb each.  If you need the pictures just let me know. 

11 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey!

I'm glad to hear it all worked out!

Marcus;  Is there a way to disable the automatic relisting of the scenery library when using FTX Central 3, I didn't notice any when changing the order of listing in the settings.  fisheye

Hey again!

I'm not completely sure I understand what you are looking for. The Library Insertion Point, that tells where in the scenery list FTX should put the entries, can be found in the lower left corner of FTX Central 3, at the 'gear' symbol (don't know if gear is the correct translation, did a google translate on the swedish word for it).

Is that what you are looking for?

Or do you want to change the order of the FTX products?

insertionpoint.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey again!

I'm not completely sure I understand what you are looking for. The Library Insertion Point, that tells where in the scenery list FTX should put the entries, can be found in the lower left corner of FTX Central 3, at the 'gear' symbol (don't know if gear is the correct translation, did a google translate on the swedish word for it).

Is that what you are looking for?

Or do you want to change the order of the FTX products?

insertionpoint.jpg

Marcus;  I want to change the order of the FTX products and I had located the menu you show above.  However it still does an automatic change on exit from FTX Central that rearranges my Scenery Library files so I get the holes back in my Orbx airport runways.  I have posted examples in imgur.com as outlined on how to post pictures and the link is one of the ones below?   I tried to add text to the image location but couldn't find a way so here goes my explanation.  FTX Central 3 upon exit rearranges my Scenery Library even if I don't want it rearranged.  It takes a long time to sort out these scenery files to make everything work the way I want it and I don't want FTX Central to rearrange it for me.  It always puts the same 5 files at the top of the library which screws up my scenery which I noticed first at Valdez and then others I didn't expect to have changed.  Is there a way to turn off this function in FTX Central 3 so I don't have to continuously fix what works already when I check to see if there are any updates to my scenery. 

This link shows my properly working Scenery Library at the top; http://i.imgur.com/PqnceZv.jpg  This link shows how FTX Central 3 rearranges my files at the top;  http://imgur.com/dQ118tS  ;  The next link shows the Vector AEC file I have at the bottom of the Scenery Library that gets removed by FTX Central 3 on exit also.;  http://imgur.com/rCWMegw  ;   I hope this explains my issue and that the images show properly since this is the first time I have used Imgur.  fisheye

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:00 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Please try backing up your scenery.cfg file and replacing it with the default FSX version that I have attached.

Then run FTX Central and see what it does with the FTX, OLC and Vector entries.

Thanks.

scenery.cfg

Nick;  I finally got the time to try your scenery file.  It seems to have fixed everything except for a couple like,  LPMA Funchal and LPPS Porto Santo in the Vector APT folder that I had to put .OFF behind the .bgl to make the elevations work.  I have not added all of my addon scenery back in but about half and everything seems to be OK with a couple of exceptions noted above that I was able to fix.  Thanks for your help,  fisheye

Archived