Airport Elevations using FTX Central 3

fisheye

I have airport elevation issues after just purchasing my first FTX Central 3 Airports and installing automatically.   I end up with these issues so far on PAVD and 65S, Valdez and Bonners Ferry, with the airports raised from surrounding area.  I have re-installed PAVD three times with no change, reinstalled FTX Vector with no luck, manually added Airport to the left list in Global Vector. Checked all of my Scenery bgl's for OFF settings but nothing is working.  I have read all of the FAQ listings on this with no help yet.  Any others having these issues and found a solution?  Thanks,  Norm

FTX Central 3

Transaction ID 5858dae69b754

2016-12-23_5-40-52-631.BMP

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAVD*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

8 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAVD*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

Holger, Here is what I have done before listing my issue in the Forum;
I unchecked all addon scenery in the scenery library except for FTX Orbx files and the default files both at the top and bottom of the scenery library.  I searched for any PAVD.bgl files in FSX and found a few in the Orbx FTX Vector APT subfolder and they are still the way Orbx installed them.  There was none in the main FSX Scenery/World/scenery folder and I was sure to run the FTX Global Vector Airport Elevation tool before starting FSX. The only scenery file in the FSX Addon scenery folder is for St. Marteen by Fly Tampa, I forgot about this file. Otherwise it is void of all but FTX scenery files in the order dictated by the FTX Central installation methods.  All of this started with the latest downloads through FTX Central 3 because I didn't have any airport elevation issues until this last week.  Now it seems I have them in areas they were not in before.  I am at a loss right now.  Thanks for any help you might have.  Norm
PS I have started FSX at a default airport without any help to correct the airport elevations.

Update on issues of airport elevations changing.  I have noticed now that KMRY has messed up elevations also.  I am at a point of deleting all of my ORBX Scenery and starting over BUT the only post in the Forum is for prior to FTX Central 3.  Can I just delete all files manually and use the Forum post showing how prior to FTX Central 3?  I hate to do this since I know it must be an easy fix but I am not knowledgeable enough to figure out what is wrong or has changed so I don't do it again.  I have a sense that it might just be the order of the files in my Scenery Library but can not find any instructions on how they should be entered since FTX Central 3 automatically changed what I had working and I don't remember what files were at the bottom of the list, center of the list and top of the list.  ORBX put them all over the place in the Scenery Library but now some are moved or gone like the FTXVector.AEC folder now gone but was at the bottom of the list just above the Default Scenery and Terrain folders. 

SceneryLibrary.JPG

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

Cheers, Holger

RESOLVED;   Hooray;  I fixed the elevation issues.  How the files changed is beyond me but they were the ones in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.  They are the   ....elevation.bgl.OFF files with the appropriate ICAO numbers below.  Had I only known that these had gotten changed from .bgl to OFF when I installed a couple of new airports using FTXCentral3 for the first time.  Now everything is working fine and I can just enjoy the new airports, PAVD, KTEX and 65S without holes in the ground.  Now I know where to look next time. Thanks to those who gave me the hints I needed to find these files. fisheye

Archived