Would like a file size of download on FTX 3

Manok101

I'll check to see what new "feechers" are slated for FTXC.

My request would be a mouse-over on the add-on image that gives you a pop-up including not only the file size but the current version. This tooltip could work with all add-on images - already installed or not yet bought, so you'd know whether you have the HD space *before* you buy.

Adam.

Agreed and mentioned many times, and in my opinion not difficult to do. Why not have it printed on the Product page? FSS used to and most retailers of addons give you a download size so you know what to expect to have to download. Slow internet users would then be able to plan their download method accordingly. A multi GB file at 200kbps can tie up the internet for many hours as I know from personal experience. It stops other household family members from using the net or adds much more time to the download if others manage to get a look in and be able to use the net.

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

While you're there Adam would you see if there will be a red 'notification' tag on the Regions. i.e. Global, Europe, Oceania and North America to indicate there is an update available as there was in V2?

Yeah - I miss that one too! I'll take a look-see!

Adam.

• 5 months later...
On 22/12/2016 at 10:25 AM, Adam Banks said:

I'll check to see what new "feechers" are slated for FTXC.

My request would be a mouse-over on the add-on image that gives you a pop-up including not only the file size but the current version. This tooltip could work with all add-on images - already installed or not yet bought, so you'd know whether you have the HD space *before* you buy.

Adam.

Hi Adam, just wondering if this idea was pursued any further as it is the one improvement I would love to see in FTX Central. Along with PDF manuals for all products, including those not purchased so we can be more informed.

cheers Anton.

Archived