Registry fix info

Jon Clarke

I have noticed several recent posts in the forums where the answers given relate to using the Registry Utility and advising a website, like Tweakit in order to obtain the tool.

I would like to remind users that the FTX version of a very similar tool is actually held within FTX Scripts

I use P3D so my location for RegistryToolFix.exe is in The P3D directory/ORBX/Scripts\ftxc2_localdata. Open that folder and the RegsitryFixTool is available as an exe.

No need to seek Tweakit or other similar versions. You already have it.

Unfortunately, the Orbx tool does not work with FTX Central V3 and is no longer included.

Most people will not have a copy in their ORBX\scripts folder, as it was included in the

FTXCentral folder.

Anyone who has FTX Central v2 and the Orbx registry tool in its folder can continue to use it.

There are several circumstances in which the TweakFS tool will fix a problem that the Orbx tool does not.

By the way, the tool is not named Tweakit but is named FSX Registry Utility and is made freely available

by TweakFS.

I am slightly disappointed that you should think that I have been recommending its use for so long in error.

Nick nowhere was I trying to express any disappointment whatsoever in your recommendations for the registry tool. I don't understand how you even got that impression. 

I was merely trying to inform users that a version of a similar tool is (now you state may not be) available in the Scripts folder.

I am  aware that it was in FTX Central and is no longer in the new central 3 folder, however when you changed over to Central 3 it created a folder called  ftxc2_localdata and the tool resides in there. As for it not working I will accept your response but will just add that I have a dummy FSX in the Registry but an incomplete actual install of FSX on a small external drive. I just pointed the reg tool to my external drive and the opened Central 3 and it gives me the open Sim options of P3D or FSX. I chose FSX and it immediately told me that there was a libraries update available. I then told the tool my FSX was in my P3D directory and no libraries update notice appeared because the libraries in that location are up to date.

I will leave it at that and reiterate there was never any intention to "knock" any advice you may have given. I am not that type of person.

Archived