Unresolved ground texture morphing

Pepperman

I know that this has been posted with a resolution in the past but I did attempt to solve the problem with said resolution and for me it still occurs...squares of texture displaying different textures off and on as one is flying. I did replace the terrain file twice and neither time did it work. I did use the download terrain file that Holger had made available to solve the issue. I don't know what the next step is. I am on FSX Steam.

Please let me know what more can I do to solve this?

Thanks.

Pete.

I'm very upset. I have put so much money and time into this flight sim and to have nothing but problems. I have tried to resolve this issue and used the method I was told re the terrain file and still it does not work. I still have weird squares and triangles of texture popping in and out. Do I have to erase my hard drive and re install everything?

And please won't anyone from Orbx help me out with this issue? I was supposed to be buying more scenery during the sale but I am so distraught at this issue that now I feel no desire to do so. I have re installed the NA Airport Pack thinking that perhaps that was the problem but no. The texture thing keeps happening. Where it happens is at the Santa Fe airport.

Please please  please help!!1

Hi Pete,

With ORBX products, you are not supposed to copy or move anything by yourself.

What is you status with FSX SE ? Do you have a former FSX install on your rig ? Do you also use third party products ?

I guess a fresh install of FSX SE is recommanded but you need to right on the start

Hi Richard

The only copy and replace I did was the suggestion made by Holger who is a moderator or programmer at Orbx. He suggested to copy and replace the terrain file that is in the Work folder,  then to launch FTXCentra,l and said that the texture issue would be fixed. That fix did not work. I had not done any moving or copying of files before this fix attempt so I don't know what caused the texture issue.

I do not have an FSX install on my computer. The FSX Steam version was a clean install. I do have add on scenery but for non Orbx airports. The location of the texture problems is surrounding the Santa Fe airport of which I do not have any add on scenery for. That airport I believe is one of the free sceneries in the freeware NA pack from Orbx that I have installed.

Can I do a new install of FSX Steam and how would that affect the Orbx regions and airports that I have purchased? Would I need to re install those and how would I know which ones they are....I guess I would have to write them all down.

Is there a way of fixing that texture thing without re installing FSX Steam?

Thanks.

Pete.

So which version of FTX Central are you using ? If it's 3, did you have installed ORBXlibs ? this point is important as customed terrain description is provided by these libs.

I have FTXCentral v3. v3.0.2.2  I am pretty sure I did install ORBXlibs. Where do I get Orbx libs again. I will install again. It is weird though that the texture issue seems to only happen around Santa Fe in New Mexico.

Please tell me where I can get the Orbx libs again.

Thanks.

Pete.

On 06/12/2016 at 5:09 PM, Pepperman said:

I have FTXCentral v3. v3.0.2.2  I am pretty sure I did install ORBXlibs. Where do I get Orbx libs again. I will install again. It is weird though that the texture issue seems to only happen around Santa Fe in New Mexico.

Please tell me where I can get the Orbx libs again.

Thanks.

Pete.

If the problem only occurs in that place, your FTX Install is not the culprit. You should then open a support request for Santa Fe

OK so I checked my add on folder and even though I don't have Santa Fe airport as add on scenery, I did have Albuquerque KABQ. I flew out of KABQ and noticed that the same texture problem was happening. So I deleted that scenery and removed it from add on scenery. I then quit FSX and re launched it and....SAME problem when I flew out of KABQ and Santa Fe. Both airports are fairly close..... Weird textures.

Now I'm mad. I can't figure this out. I feel like throwing out this entire computer.

I love Orbx stuff and have quite a few regions and airports but this sim is driving me crazy.

Please help me!!!! 

Hi there,

the texture morphing can also happen if a local landclass file is active that isn't compatible with the FTX Global texture assignments. Thus, if the issue is strictly local, meaning areas surrounding a specific add-on airport, then I'd focus on finding these files; a quick cross-check would be to deactivate that airport's entry in the scenery library menu.

Perhaps a couple of representative screenshots with coordinates (Shift-Z) would be helpful as verbal descriptions can be misleading.

Cheers, Holger

The 2 airports where it happens are Albuquerque  and Santa Fe New Mexico. I did have add on scenery for Albuquerque KABQ but I deactivated and deleted that scenery from both the scenery library and my HD. Then I quit FSX and the re launched it and flew out of Albuquerque KABQ and got the same square and triangular textures popping in and out over the land just past the airport.

I will send screenshots as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Pete.

How do I fix the library order and what order should they be in? I never go there and mess with the items or change their order since I don't know how.

Please let me know how to re order the library.

Thanks.

Pete.

In FTX central go to settings and you will find Library Insertion tool.

FTX entries should be inserted below = choose a product you want all your FTX products to sit below, i.e 3rd party airport

OpenLC entries should be inserted below = choose FTX

v6fybmF.png

Did not know about the screenshot. I work on a Mac and find PCs complicated to do stuff.

I don't understand what you are talking about re: "choose a product you want all your FTX products to sit below, i.e 3rd party airport"

OK I put all the add on scenery at the top of the list in the library. Looks like this:..... FTXAA_ORBXLIBS sits under Global, Generic& Vehicle Libraries sits under Propeller Objects which sits under Reno and Addon Scenery then on top of Addon Scenery is all my add on scenery.  

I don't have Albuquerque in add on scenery...got rid of it a while ago.

Now I just flew out of Albuquerque and still the problem is there. The textures look like the latest screenshot popping in and out.

What should I do next?

The trouble is that how am I supposed to know what sits on top or below what? I have no idea! I did not design this. I can't figure it out.... if I don't have Albuquerque then what is causing the issue. Is it maybe a mesh problem? I had that happen at Juneau airport.

I really don't want to be difficult and I love Orbx stuff and want to buy more but this problem is just too maddening. Please please there must be a way of making this area of the world work. I can't accept it the way it is. What do I do next?

Should I just re install FSX? Would that work? And if I do can, someone tell me what happens to my Orbx stuff? Can I just re install all those regions and airports and vector and openLC all the way around the world? How long would that take?

I am very frustrated. So what do you suggest?

This is how my scenery libraries look. There is allot of info on this on this site. I would recommend reading and getting yourself familiar with how Orbx products work. I don't know if this is the cause of your issue.  I'm not a support person and am just trying to help you. Just know the scenery order is most important. Josh

3rd party software on top with all your  Orbx scenery's bellow then your Open Land Class and then vector.

Capture1_zps1d5fki7y.png

Capture2_zpslnwu3skc.png

Capture3_zpsdew3fw0i.png

Capture4_zpsxtw4bilz.png

Capture5_zpsng16wihb.png

Capture6_zpsqx5samuy.png

Capture7_zpsrrlix7ju.png

Thanks for your input. I did re arrange all my library items according to the insertion point and what you sent me. Once I did that I started FSX and found that the problem still exists. I know you are not a support person and I am very appreciative of your help. I would really like for someone at Orbex to help me solve this. A few people have chimed in and tried to solve it with suggestions but the attempts have failed.

I find that with all the money I have spent on Orbx I should be able to find a developer that would say...yes I know exactly what is wrong, do this or do that.

It's very frustrating and the only option I have is to what...erase my hard drive and re install everything? I did pose this question earlier but got no response. Actually, could I erase my drive and re install FSX Steam and also would I be able to get FTXCentral 3 working again and download all my purchased files and airports and regions? I mean really is that possible? No one has answered that question. What do you think?

So after the day of back and forth with several people, Holger and Richard both know what the problem is but I'm no closer to a solution.

So I hope you can answer my install question.

Thanks again for your help.

Pete.

Hi there, had similar problem, and by browsing the forum found this hint: search for .migrated files from your main simulator folder by using the search tab and delete them, then run ftxcentral3 and it will prompt you to do the migration. After doing so it should be everything allright.

• 3 months later...

Dear Pepperman

I just thought I would pop a message over to you after reading your thread - I had exactly the same problem in the same area. I was flying from KPHX in Arizona across the same area. I do not however have the same add-on airports as you, so the only common add-ons we have is Orbx, which is obviously the problem.

Thankfully I too tried what David suggested and it worked for me as well, so thank you David!

Richard

Archived