What to buy next ? FTX Global Vector or  FTX Global Open LC Europe

uksfpred

I have FTX Global base pack, FTX England and FTX NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords.

I have many 'free' airports and all the demos, which are fantastic by the way, particularly like Tasmania and Iceland.

Combined with Active sky 2016 which i have just purchased, my sim is looking amazing, i am thoroughly enjoying every minute on it!

So what next? .. . my question, which would i get the most benefit of 

FTX Global Vector or 

FTX Global Open LC Europe

I don't fly america much at all so am currently not interested in the Open LC North America, as I usually always fly europe.

I appreciate my sim would most likely benefit hugely from having both, however this side of Christmas I do need to priorities these purchases.

So question is which do you guys, could any of you that have either let me know if it makes much of an improvement etc?

Thank you guys 

Horses for course, certainly, but I would say probably Vector will pack a bit more bang for your buck (quid).

I base this on the following two considerations:

-- Changes in shorelines, rivers, lakes, roads and the ilk would be more noticeable, IMHO, unless you are really paying attention.

-- Changes are applied globally, not just in EU (for those occasions when you decide to explore elsewhere, which I gather could be rare enough, per your post).

Either way you cannot go wrong.

Well I bought Vector, and i wish i bought  FTX Global Europe, hardly notice the difference with Vector, and in actual fact it seems to have made my game run worse too.

Europe sounds like it would of made a bigger difference to my gaming world, and also Europe was half the price .. . 

I do the same, the tertiary roads don't add much but they require a lot of resources (comparatively speaking). 

Obviously with Vector the difference is most noticeable around shorelines and rivers, and roads to some extent. 

One thing I will caution is never try to judge the scenery by the area where you live, as you will always be disappointed.  Go away one ore two states or countries and you'll probably really appreciate what you see.

right for me. . . vector isn't worth it with my current set up, trying what you said helped, but i have had to disable so much it isnt worth the performance loss.

I cant run it right without the ground looking a blur, I doubt its my rig but I'm not vain enough to the fact it could be.

I have a 2G ATI 7780 - i5 2500k o/c to 4.2, 16G ram and all FSX related software is running on an SSD

I will be uninstalling Vector  tonight, and until i get a GFX card with more memory, I wont be trying it again.

You have plenty of computer, that is not your issue.  The blurries is a function of your settings. 

You can optimize them (much virtual ink has been spilled on this subject) or you can ditch FSX and go to P3D v3.  No tweaks needed, works fine (blurries will return if you bring your FSX tweaks over).  Start with the FSX settings, since that doesn't involve any cost.

Thank you for your advice, I only actually have Highways checked now, primary secondary and territory roads all unchecked as is railways.

I tried it in a slower plane and it is an improvement, but i can literally see the textures loading below me (from blur to clear) 

I've been close to switching to P3D actually anyway, maybe this is the final straw

Archived